• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Square-1 Tutorial - Roux Method (not really though)

Rook

Am I the only one that has trouble playing the video after ~ 1:26? I refreshed a couple times, went onto the youtube page and watched there as well. It just freezes at the part where you're scrambling and the rest of the 6 minutes are just frozen on that frame.

Googlrr

WCA
2010CARM01
Am I the only one that has trouble playing the video after ~ 1:26? I refreshed a couple times, went onto the youtube page and watched there as well. It just freezes at the part where you're scrambling and the rest of the 6 minutes are just frozen on that frame.

Same here. I had a lot of troubles watching this so I gave up :<

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Or you could read this in 30 seconds

It's called the Screw Method btw.

Okay, as far as I knew it was roux since it was simalar and david called it roux so ya. And also now theres a video.

I re-uploaded it and it seems to be working. (I changed it in the first post also)

Again tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo63

WCA
2008WUNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hmm is that how you normally turn a square-1? you should use fingers instead of palm/wrist

as for the method, isn't it just a slight variation of vandenbergh which you do (CO+1/2CP)+(1/4EO+1/4EP)+1/2CP+1/4EO+1/4EP+1/2EP
lol that sounded complicated..

I don't see any advantage of this over vandenbergh or even beginner vandenbergh but it's definitely an interesting variation that's just fun to solve with.

btw you can also combine the last two EP steps into one, but that would obviously require more algs

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hmm is that how you normally turn a square-1? you should use fingers instead of palm/wrist

as for the method, isn't it just a slight variation of vandenbergh which you do (CO+1/2CP)+(1/4EO+1/4EP)+1/2CP+1/4EO+1/4EP+1/2EP
lol that sounded complicated..

I don't see any advantage of this over vandenbergh or even beginner vandenbergh but it's definitely an interesting variation that's just fun to solve with.

btw you can also combine the last two EP steps into one, but that would obviously require more algs

You probably know but although I have had my square-1 a while I only recently started speedsolving it. Because of that I am still learning the finger tricks. I know the method is quite similar to Lars, but it's a lot easier for beginners (I think), and I like solving like that occasionally, it is also more intuitive than standard Lars.