Square-1 Parity Algs

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by blade740, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. blade740

blade740 Mack Daddy

May 29, 2006
    WCA:
    2007NELS01
    YouTube:
    blade740
    I'm not sure if you're mistaken or just disregarding a horrible parity case.

Have you ever heard of the "three-color rule"?

http://www.cubestation.co.uk/cs2/index.php?page=3x3x3/cfop/cross/cross

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down.

2. Dene

Dene Premium Member

Dec 5, 2007
    WCA:
    2009BEAR01
    YouTube:
    masterNZ
    Actually I have heard of it, but too much work :p . I prefer to be CN and go for easy cross than actually think about it.

3. deepSubDiver

deepSubDiver Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Germany
    This is not exactly true. When I have an O-perm, they are in correct relation to each other. This means, I will have to add corners into my recognition. Detecting "3x3 PLLs" isn't the best method, I guess.

I also tried to detect patterns like Dan does but I have a weird system which doesnt work well, at least for me.

Any other ideas?

4. blade740

blade740 Mack Daddy

May 29, 2006
    WCA:
    2007NELS01
    YouTube:
    blade740
    If the corners are solved and the edges are correct in relation to each other, there are only 3 possibilities: solved, H perm, and O perm. You should be able to tell those three apart.

5. TobiasD

TobiasD Member

Mar 17, 2010
    (Sorry for my English :p)

By Reason of the terrible ([-]x, -x) move (for me), I used the method in this thread.
    I found 2 more algs (Inverted), which don't use this move, except of the last move.

NA: / (3, 3) / (1, 0) / (-2, 0) / (4, 0) / (-4, 0) / (-2, 0) / (-1, 0) / (-3, -3) (matching bar at DL)
    OA: / (3, 3) / (1, 0) / (-2, 0) / (4, 0) / (-4, 0) / (-2, 0) / (5, 0) / (-3, -3) (matching bar at DR)

6. Dene

Dene Premium Member

Dec 5, 2007
    WCA:
    2009BEAR01
    YouTube:
    masterNZ
    Oh nice! Those algs are sooo much better than the other ones!

Now we just need good N/N or O/O whatever you want to call it.

7. TobiasD

TobiasD Member

Mar 17, 2010
    For NN I use the Adj-Alg (I do a normal Vandenbergh Solution at CP-Skip). I'm able to execute that algorithm in 4 Seconds.
    For OO I currently use the "normal" Alg and then the Adj-Alg.

8. CubingBanana

CubingBanana Member

Jan 22, 2017
    WCA:
    2017LOND01
    I'm so sorry. This hasn't been replied to for 6 1/2 years, but I need to know:

Is this for corner or edge? Because the edges don't seem to move, only the corners

9. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    This solves parity during corner permutation instead of during edge permutation. The main pro to it is that it has less algs to learn, but now that cubeshape parity is a thing, this should probably be disregarded if you want to get world class.

10. Thomas Figura

Thomas Figura Member

Jun 6, 2017
    WCA:
    2017FIGU05
    I have two adjacent edges that need to be swapped. Do I do AN or NA?

11. xyzzy

xyzzy Member

Dec 24, 2015
    The list of algs in the OP doesn't include the NN case, which is what you're looking for. Just use any parity EP alg instead.

12. Thomas Figura

Thomas Figura Member

Jun 6, 2017
    WCA:
    2017FIGU05
    Thanks that helped!