Speedcubing in Sydney

Discussion in 'Local Cubing Groups' started by solver, May 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Dene

Dene Premium Member

Dec 5, 2007
    WCA:
    2009BEAR01
    YouTube:
    masterNZ
    A desperate plea!!

To all Sydney cubers, myself and a friend are coming to Sydney this weekend. We had sleeping plans organised, but those plans have self-destructed on us and we have nowhere to stay!! I have looked everywhere, but everything is booked out or super expensive.

So please, if anyone can offer us a place to stay, even if it is on the floor, please reply asap!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dene

2. im staying at a hotel in campelltown this weekend so sorry man, and also I would let you room at mine but my house is like 2 hours away sorry

3. Dene

Dene Premium Member

Dec 5, 2007
    WCA:
    2009BEAR01
    YouTube:
    masterNZ
    Hey don't worry about it Bryson; I know you aren't exactly in the Sydney city. What are you in Campbelltown for?

4. Anyone want to go to a meetup on sunday? So far me and Ben (Bestsimple) are going.
    Food court under Myer, Corner Pitt St Mall and Market St Sydney near the KFC.

@Dene Sorry, I live in a tiny unit...

5. I have massive ten pin bowling comp all weekend

6. NEONCUBES

NEONCUBES Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Dene I would love to offer you a place to stay. But I'm sure my parents would not like to have a group of people that they don't know staying with us. Also Bryson where is your tournament at the AMF place or the other bowling place in Campbelltown? Am I the only local Campbelltown cuber? I hope not.

7. its finished now I was in leumeah

8. guys we should have a meet-up during the holidays! I would pefer after new years as I have like only a few free days before then. also we can discuss what events and everything for kurri kurri 2014! that's right im making sure im having it next year! don't have any dates and would like everyone else inputs too :)
    who would come to the meet up?
    me
    Richie
    Nathan seeto?
    kirt?
    neoncubes?
    YddEd?
    hugo? don't think he has speedsolving but I can keep him updated if he wants to attend
    jackwilton? same thing as hugo
    nadercuber?
    if I missed someone anyone is welcome to come! we need to organize a date for the meet up any suggestions?

9. MadeToReply

MadeToReply Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Venus
    WCA:
    2012LIMR01
    Hoihoi chicken boi, why don't I get a question mark and everyone else does.

10. Tim Major

Tim Major Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2010MAJO01
    I'll be in Sydney for a bit these holidays. I'll try to find out when exactly. Sydney sucks to get around though doesn't it?

11. @MadeToReply you don't get a choice your coming :)
    @Tim Major I don't go to the city that much so I don't have a clue but when your there Ill try and get out to Sydney ill just catch a train in

12. I can probably go. It depends on what day it will be on and what time.

13. Nader Cube

Nader Cube Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Sydney,Australia
    WCA:
    2013YOUS01
    Hi fellow cubers, i haven't been cubing well since mid last year and in trying to get back to what i did good in. in having trouble getting proper (dayan cubes) speedcubes in Sydney. I wanted to know if there are any cube shops in Sydney instead of online shops because right now in having trouble buying things online.Also i hope once i get cubing there will be more competitions in Sydney and that i do well in the future.

14. Nader Cube

Nader Cube Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Sydney,Australia
    WCA:
    2013YOUS01
    Suprising you rembered me saying that i haven't cubed or been on the forums for ages. Yeah i could make it on the holidays, i have no cubes because i lost them and haven't cubed for a while so cant figure out anything. Really and im not sure if i can buy cubes online. If you guys can do a meetup not in fhs city because its hard to get to if you could do it at like Hurstville, Roselands , Miranda or whatever somewhere local that would be good.

15. Nader Cube

Nader Cube Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Sydney,Australia
    WCA:
    2013YOUS01
    Hi guys I'm back haven't cubed for a year and just order heaps of unfold speedcubes from the website zcube and since I haven't cubed for a year I'm getting back into it so when I stopped I was sub-20 I hope I don't have to get back to sub 25. Saying that when will the next competition in Sydney be because there hadn't been a cube competition in Sydney for ages.

16. megaminxwin

megaminxwin Current Clock NR Holder

Feb 17, 2010
    WCA:
    2010MACA01
    If you want to organise one, then go ahead. These things only happen when someone organises them.

17. TimMc

TimMc Premium Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2009MCMA01
    AusNats in Sydney! Any meetups?

18. kirtpro

kirtpro Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    WCA:
    2010PROT01
    YouTube:
    kirtpro
    I guess we can start a count on who's interested.

I'm in for one

19. megaminxwin

megaminxwin Current Clock NR Holder

Feb 17, 2010
    WCA:
    2010MACA01
    Sure, I might come. Depends on how far away obviously.

20. andojay

andojay Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2010javi01
    Hey guys,

Earlier this month I was contact by Gunther Hang who a professional portrait photographerr, website here.
    Gunther would like to take some photos of some speedcubers cubing for his portfolio.
    In exchange for taking photos he can offer the digital files and 6x4 printouts

I've mentioned Australian Nationals in August, I expect he'd like to take photos earlier

If anyone in the area is interested please email him mentioning you can solve a Rubik's cube and this post.
    Just his details on his website