Speedcubing in Georgia, USA

Discussion in 'Local Cubing Groups' started by Codee, Apr 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. YESSSSS I'M 7THHHHH (am I fast now ;-; )
    I'd be willing to help out, especially if I can come

2. b0ssGuy23

b0ssGuy23 Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    WCA:
    2015FAZE01
    September 24th pls <3

3. ultimatecube

ultimatecube Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Georgia Southwestern State University, my local college. They're willing to provide the venue and cover some of the cost. I'm fairly certain I can cover the rest. We do have a deli and a Chik-fil-a located on campus, a few steps away from where the comp will be. I might be able to work out a deal with them for lunch if we have enough people.

Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus, Ga. We're about halfway between ATL and Tallahassee, 2.5 hours to get to either one. About an hour SE of Columbus, so not too far from Alabama either.

Thanks! I'll take all the help I can get. How far are you from Americus?

We're definitely looking at one of the four Saturdays in September. How does Labor Day weekend (Sept. 3) look? Still not sure if that's better (because everyone's free) or worse (because everyone already has plans).

4. 2 hours 40 minutes at absolute best. probably closer to 3 hours though.

I don't think I have anything planned around then, so yeah.

5. ultimatecube

ultimatecube Member

Apr 16, 2015
    I'm assuming you're on the northern side of the state. Do you think that there would be any potential interest from Tennessee?

6. If there's 6x6 ; ))))))

7. cuberkid10 likes this.
  8. cmhardw

cmhardw Premium Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Atlanta, Georgia
    WCA:
    2003HARD01
    Are Georgia records set by Georgia residents in any competition? That's what it seems to be. Do new Georgia residents' times count retroactively, or do times have to be set while a resident of Georgia?

9. Whoops, I missed this when it was first posted. I would probably only count a record set while a resident (though I wouldn't mind competing with you for the BLD records! :))

anyway, KinchRanks and record history are updated through this weekend, just in time for Nats to make all that data obsolete!

10. KinchRanks and record history updated through Nats. Links are in my signature.

11. Can you add me to the KinchRanks sheet? WCA ID: 2016BUSH01

12. Done!

Storm likes this.
  13. Thanks!

On an unrelated note, would anyone be interested in a competition here in Woodstock in January? I have a place that is open to the idea, if there is interest. If you're interested, send me a message or reply to this post with when you are available and what events you would like there to be. I've never set up a competition before, so if anyone could offer advice, that would also be appreciated.

14. I'd be interested! If you want to make plans, talk to Jacob about it, since he's the delegate. @Jaysammey777

15. I've added a few people to the KinchRanks who weren't on CubingUSA when I first made the list. Also, I added video links for all the records in the record history that I could find footage of. If anyone knows of other videos that I didn't link to, please tell me so I can add them.

16. ThatHybridGamer

ThatHybridGamer Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I visit Georgia about 4 weeks a year if that counts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. ThatHybridGamer

ThatHybridGamer Member

Apr 7, 2016
    That's my birthday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Jaysammey777

Jaysammey777 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    University of Georgia
    WCA:
    2010AMBR01
    YouTube:
    Jaysammey777
    Hey you! Do you like fmc? Well fmc 2016 is just around the corner and there's currently 2 people signed up georgia. For real though, you should go!

19. I've updated the KinchRanks and records history through Marietta Mystery. I'm going to do a special update in the next few days to add Chris and Katie Hardwick as soon as I figure how to handle the whole retroactive record stuff.

Jaysammey777 likes this.