• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing in Georgia, USA

YouTube
Visit Channel
Try contacting Andrew Kang, David Sanders, or Chris Tran (they all organized the previous Marietta Competitions). I really haven't cubed much, and a competition would be great motivation for me to break the sub-13 barrier...

I'm planning on possibly holding an unofficial competition in Dublin (2 hours below Atlanta). If so would you be interested inncoming? I was planning to have it sometime during spring break.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
YouTube
Visit Channel
why not Atlanta? :(

I had a hard time finding a cheap/free venue in larger cites like Macon or Atlanta. It's an unofficial competition though. If I ever organize an official one I'll probably do it in Atlanta. I need to get some experience with an unofficial one first.

Nuster

WCA
2012BALT01
I had a hard time finding a cheap/free venue in larger cites like Macon or Atlanta. It's an unofficial competition though. If I ever organize an official one I'll probably do it in Atlanta. I need to get some experience with an unofficial one first.
Best of luck with the competition ;) Hope it gives you enough experience and encourages you to organize official ones in the future, this part of the country needs more competitions.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I will be trying to sell/trade a stickerless dayan zhanchi, shengshou aurora, maru cx3, and wittwo v1.
I would like to try out a weilong v1, v2, and the aolong. Along with an aosu and a gans 3 57mm.
I will also try to buy the cubes that i listed above.

Who else is going?

Last edited:

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A message to Georgia cubers

Obviously Georgia (and the Southeast in general) is suffering from a competition drought. It's now been over three years since the last Georgia competition. But competitions don't happen on their own; we have to make them happen.

The first step to holding an official competition is holding an unofficial competition, and the best locations for competitions (both official and unofficial) are schools, churches and libraries. If everyone who wants a competition in Georgia asks their school, church, and local library, we'll certainly find at least one viable location.

But we also need organization in our efforts. We can't organize an event together well if we don't know each other well! Our summer meetup only had three people; surely we can do better than that. So if you are a Georgia cuber and have some free time on upcoming weekends, please say so. We can only bring competitions back to Georgia if we have people willing to put in their time.

Note: This is basically a restatement of an email I sent to the Georgia mailing list (PM me your email if you want to join)