• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SOLD

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I've come to the conclusion that there are two types of Shadow 6x6s - good ones and bad ones. The two I've had are so wildly different it's hard to believe they are the same puzzle.

Is the second one a factory-magnetized one? I know that one has magnet slots, whereas the other does not. It's not hard to believe other minor differences in the pieces stemming from that difference.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
its a matter of batches, not the slots
That sounds plausible, do you have any information to back that up? I would seriously consider buying a second Shadow if I knew it would be different. It does seem plausible to me also that since the non-magnetic ones use different molds there might be other differences.

Smcuber

That sounds plausible, do you have any information to back that up? I would seriously consider buying a second Shadow if I knew it would be different. It does seem plausible to me also that since the non-magnetic ones use different molds there might be other differences.
Not any direct evidence other than the fact that QiYi is notorious for bad initial quality control, like the WuQue batch 1 and WuHua v1.

Also the new cosmic shadow ms I tried at comps are nice

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Not any direct evidence other than the fact that QiYi is notorious for bad initial quality control, like the WuQue batch 1 and WuHua v1.

Also the new cosmic shadow ms I tried at comps are nice

I don't think I've heard any serious complaints about factory magnetized Shadows. And the Cosmic ones are probably just lubed and tensioned, right?

Puzzle Cuber

The reason it feels different is because of lube. Even Jules from thecubicle said that the shadow is much better out of the box then it is with lube. Which was weird but true

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
The reason it feels different is because of lube. Even Jules from thecubicle said that the shadow is much better out of the box then it is with lube. Which was weird but true
My xman shadow M is much better with silk and dnm, if I dont put dnm in it it feels really slow and makes my times bad, you also have to tighten it a bit to prevent ops and lockups

Puzzle Cuber

My xman shadow M is much better with silk and dnm, if I dont put dnm in it it feels really slow and makes my times bad, you also have to tighten it a bit to prevent ops and lockups
I guess it just depends what lube you put in. Because not all lube will make the cube better