• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Skewb Discussion and Help

Jbacboy

WCA
2014CHRI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the best method or method progression for skewb? I watched Ranzha's how to get fast video but I think it is outdated by now.
Imo: 1 alg until you can solve it
sarah's beginners until you understand how the skewb works
sarah's intermediate until you are around mid to low 5
sarah's advanced until the next big method come out :)

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Imo: 1 alg until you can solve it
sarah's beginners until you understand how the skewb works
sarah's intermediate until you are around mid to low 5
sarah's advanced until the next big method come out :)

I'd suggest Kian to jump directly to Sarah's beginners and even intermediate.
Thank you! I already know the 1 alg method, so I guess I'll move to sarah's beginner method once I get my skewb.
Edit: or i could be lazy and get sarah to teach me her method the day of the comp

Last edited:

hagner

i really like to solve master skewb but i dont wanna be hand scrambling it since that means i sometimes get similar scrambles etc.. if i use normal R U L B moves there is always a bar that wont be scrambled. so somehow i need a way to get scrambles with wide and inner turns or scrambles that use most of the axises, ive been trying to spam numbers randomly on the search bar where the website name is. (1-8. 1-4 meaning the four corners on top and 5-8 the four on the bottom), but that means i dont get prime moves so i thought on spamming numbers in base 16 (also using 9 and a-g) but since i dont have that many fingers that doesnt feel very random. does anyone have an idea what i could do? maybe i could choose a 4x4 scramble and turn six corners on the master skewb to scramle it or something like that. you can also tell me how long the scramble should be.

i do know that spaming the numbers also doesnt result in a very random scramble but it is better then doing R U L B moves because of the bar so i will continue with that until someone gives me a good idea what i can do.

thanks for help.

jam66150

it should be in any day now so what method should i learn i know there's a one alg one

jam66150

Update I used a one alg solution and i learned it in an hour and already got a 24sec solve thanks for the help

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
lul, i almost knew how to solve the skewb before i even got it, learnt it in an hour or something and got a 1x.xx single too.

Skewb is easy tbh. Its been a year now, and i avg 4.8-5.0. Is my pace good?
No I'm surprised it took him an hour to learn a one alg method, (kind of assumed he was a beginner) then he gets a 24sec solve soon after learning