• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Should I learn CLL.

Thread starter #1
I am now using LBL and Ortega both to solve 2x2 and my average is 7~9 now. I know its not the maximum but CLL can make me faster. Should I learn CLL or still using both until sub 5?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
YouTube
pjkcards
I am now using LBL and Ortega both to solve 2x2 and my average is 7~9 now. I know its not the maximum but CLL can make me faster. Should I learn CLL or still using both until sub 5?
It's ultimately up to you, but if you find 2x2 fun and want to get fast, start CLL now. Or you can wait until sub-5 and then do CLL, but either way it doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying it. One suggestion though is if you decide to learn CLL, make sure you learn algs you like so you don't have to re-learn better algs later on.

Thread starter #3
It's ultimately up to you, but if you find 2x2 fun and want to get fast, start CLL now. Or you can wait until sub-5 and then do CLL, but either way it doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying it. One suggestion though is if you decide to learn CLL, make sure you learn algs you like so you don't have to re-learn better algs later on.
What does it mean "make sure you learn algs you like so you don't have to re-learn better algs later on."?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
YouTube
pjkcards
What does it mean "make sure you learn algs you like so you don't have to re-learn better algs later on."?
When you pick a case to learn, make sure the algorithm you choose is a good algorithm. If you learn bad algorithms (that solve the case but can't be executed quickly), you'll later have to learn new algs which can be solved by learning good algs from the beginning.

As PJK said, I'd you can learn cll and enjoy it go for it. Almost all the Cll algs can be executed with no regrips (no readjuststing of hands). I know Cll and Eg1 and I learned from this document. I personally feel it has the best algs. Also, YouTube "My Cll Algs" and several people will have the CLL algs they use and how to fingertrick them to be fast. I would recommend doing most of them the same way they do. Link to algs here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...XMxiMX9a506JeAcLnUXZr8FgXAY/edit?usp=drivesdk