• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shengshou Aurora is a super fast cube

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, hear me out. I have a Shengshou Aurora, Fangshi mini, Aolong V2, and Guanlong. After cleaning them, sanding down flashing and using lubix on the core the Aurora was the slowest cube of them all. I recently got a bottle of Maru lube and tried it on each cube. After using it my Aurora is faster than any of the other cubes and often uncontrollably so. It is now my main cube and put my Aolong V2 out of commission.

I know there have been threads on Maru lube and each individual cube, but I am just bringing up the crazy difference that a little lube can do on my specific Aurora cube.

Do you have any cubes that have complete made an about-face from a specific mod?

porkynator

WCA
2011TRON02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's a really nice cube, I use it for OH.
I absolutely love the feeling, it reminds me of good ol' F-II :)
That said, the corner cutting is definitely sub-par for today's standard. If you try to loosen it to improve this, it tends to twist corners.

Makarov

How's the Aurora compared to the Wind? Really like the smooth feeling of the Wind (haven't even lubed it yet)