• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sebastián Pino Castillo Clock WRs Invalid

Jungleterrain

How about like in bank heist films where the password of doors change every 3 minutes or something like that? So right before the event, the scramble is unique and new, and anyone that had a chance to look at it beforehand would have a useless scramble on their hands if they attempted to cheat. :D

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How about fame and respect? It may not be the biggest and most valuable hobby in the world, but it's big enough, and we do have a pretty substantial community. I can see why people would put in a lot of time and effort, and maybe even break some rules and make some enemies, in order to do well in it.

James Ludlow

Premium Member
WCA
2009LUDL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How about fame and respect? It may not be the biggest and most valuable hobby in the world, but it's big enough, and we do have a pretty substantial community. I can see why people would put in a lot of time and effort, and maybe even break some rules and make some enemies, in order to do well in it.

I just re read my statement, and it didn't really come out as I intended lol. It does sound a bit harsh, and I detect a little "grrrrrr" in your response. I wasn't putting anyone down.

I learnt a long time ago, that very little good comes from cheating. Out of interest, how old was the fella?

I think that was referring to Mike saying that he didn't like to compete on scrambles that he provide particularly in BLD. :p
Yeah, I just checked it in Spanish, and it says:

"Mike hughey mismo esta en speedsolving con un dolor de cabeza diciendo q le da mucho miedo ser el quien proporcione los scrambles, y que es todo un tema."

Something along the lines of:
"Mike Hughey himself is on speedsolving with a head ache, saying that it gives him a lot of fear to be the one who provides the scrambles, and that it is all an issue."

Vincents

WCA
2006SHEU01
Why is it that whenever a cuber from X nation gets sanctioned, banned, or investigated, cubers go GRAHHH WE'RE BEING TARGETED WCA HATES X COUNTRY I WILL PROTEST BY NOT GOING IT'S ALL AN AMERICAN HEGEMONY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD?

A simple start could be for there to be 3+ generated sets of scrambles for a competition, and for someone random to pick the file used.

Nestor

Premium Member
WCA
2013SANC10
I just finished reading the ongoing discussions and bans at cuberos. rubikaz, rubikmexico and other sites are also boiling. So far, the evidence and his own remarks and actions have disgraced him.
I feel sorry for Chilean cubers since some people outside of Chile will use the actions of one (or perhaps a few) to judge Chileans as a whole.

Last edited: