• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Script and/or app that check for competitions in a certain regions?

M

Malkom

Its quite tedious too check the WCA everyday to make sure you don't miss any comps. It's a pretty simple task that should be easy to automate, the results would then either be mailed or displayed in an app/widget. Is there anything like this or is anyone interested in creating in?

EntireTV

That would be awesome. I just bookmarked the search "california" on the site and click on that quickly.

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rather than building a third party tool for this, I think it would make more sense for this to be implemented on the WCA website itself. If anyone is interested in implementing this, please reach out to the software team and we can help you get started!

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
At the beginning of the year, I built a simple website where South African cubers can sign up and get notified via email when competitions in their province are announced. Admittedly the process is kind of manual at the moment (in that it involves a delegate copying comp info from WCA site and then clicking a button). I'm surprised more countries don't have that sort of thing.

Rather than building a third party tool for this, I think it would make more sense for this to be implemented on the WCA website itself. If anyone is interested in implementing this, please reach out to the software team and we can help you get started!
Unfortunately work is keeping me swamped so I won't have time in the next few months, but if no one else has stepped up to implement this by December, I'd love to work on it.