S-0, Designs of the Community (Next Puzzle Announcement!)

Discussion in 'Puzzle Building, Modding, & Designing' started by Sion, Apr 18, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.

What should this new cube be?

Poll closed May 19, 2016.
  1. S-0 Quasar

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. S-0 Tempest

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. S-0 Stratus

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. S-0 Air

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Sion

Sion Member

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    We do have a prototype, ABO just needs to print out updated edges to help corner cutting, and I'll get a prototype to update you all. Hoping to get a prototype in my mailbox before the end of the year.

2. Ikki

Ikki Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Philippines
    What happened to the prototype now?

Sent from my MyPhone MY33 using Tapatalk

3. One Wheel

One Wheel Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Wisconsin
    WCA:
    2016BAIR04
  4. Sion

Sion Member

Dec 13, 2015
    New York
    After that solve, I shared my suggestions with Andrew and shown a few friends, then put it away in my memory box.

Just a little update, andrew and I are putting the project on hold for this week because of winter vacation ad stuff. We will start after winter vacation.

5. Ikki

Ikki Member

Mar 30, 2016
    Philippines
    Oooooh, ok!

Sent from my MyPhone MY33 using Tapatalk

6. Abo

Abo Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Break was nice and all, but things are gonna likely be slow for the next few weeks too, sorry to say.

The reason is that I am a dedicated member to my high schools FRC (first robotics) team, and the build season starts this Saturday, and lasts 6 weeks. Between that and the end of the semester for my high school, I am unsure of my free time for the project.

There needs to be some changes to the centers and spring wells mainly before seeing other areas to improve, perhaps the design will take a valk approach to the springs, the cube is smaller in dimensions, which affects room for springs, and the initial inner track diameter is also a little bigger than ideal most likely but would take a ton of time to redo all of, so that is a last resort if things can't work otherwise, but would drastically change the way stuff feels and works, so I don't really want to go back for all of the work, but can if needed.

Happy new year everyone, I'll have resurfaced to humanity in about 6 weeks. :)

Turn n' burn, biscuit and Sion like this.