• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you think about this puzzle?

• Total voters

Johnny

Clarksville, Arkansas / Minneapolis, Minnesota
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the Rubik's Speedcube. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to this:

• Where the puzzle was purchased:
  • When the puzzle was purchased:
  • Thoughts on the puzzle:

What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

Okay, this cube is a vast improvement over the original rubik's cube. The corner cutting is on another level and the cube has an excellent feel. Although this cube is very strong as a whole, there are some problems. First, the cube doesn't feel like a single unit like a Dayan cube does- It feels like the sum of its parts and nothing more. But even then, the cube has good performance.

The catches are frequent. However, this cube cannot pop. That's the trade off here. And for people who value antipopping over fluency, this is the cube for you.

Overall, this cube falls short of fantastic but is definitely a step in the right direction for Rubik's and also one of the most unique choices. I'll give it 4 stars/5.

Last edited by a moderator:

CuberRiley

WCA
2015Edwa01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
Where the puzzle was purchased: received as a gift
When the puzzle was purchased: received christmas 2014
Thoughts on the puzzle:
I think that this puzzle is not very well designed puzzle in many aspects.
Firstly the centre caps, I do like how they are easily accessible without dissembling the cube, but I do not like the slits in the caps visible from outside.
I dislike how the edge pieces are not capped flush internally, as this allows dust to build up inside also difficult to clean.
On this puzzle there are several lockups every solve I do, and every so often pops happen. the pops and lockups are due to terrible corner cutting and even worse(non-exisitent reverse corner cutting)

TheAlex6119

The Rubik's Speed Cube has been my first good cube ever. I got it at a shopping center after I started to feel that my V-Cube wasn't fast enough. I bought it half a year ago and I used it as my main until February when I got a Cyclone Boys. At first I thought that this cube was very nice, but after I improved my speed, it became catchy and slow, and I never liked the feel so much. I lubed it and played with the tensions, but that only made it a little unstable, leading to some pops. Overall, it's a nice cube for beginners and new people to speedcube.

I got the Rubik' speed cube for Christmas 2015, and I've learned how to solve with it and gotten down to ~35 seconds average on it. It's good, but it's all that I have. It's on the tightest tension possible, and I've had to slow it down just to make it controllable. It's way too loud, though, as my mom practically yells at me when I'm in the same room as her. The colors contrast very well. The reverse corner cutting is existent, but trying to go about a half a cubie or more will make it pop. Normal corner cutting is anything less than one cubie.
Overall: Pretty good, but very fast and floppy if not extremely tight. 7/10

Luis Iuvone

I got mine from amazon.com, I have to say that i was really exited for it, but when I turned, I felt like I got down syndrome and 20 others types of cancers. But then I lubed it and i have to say that it was average but it still sucked.
My conclusion is that you shouldn't buy the Rubik's Speed Cube!
8/6/2016

jojo1189

Bought in "Art N' Hobby" in Jervis centre in Dublin, cost €20, bought it about a month ago

I really like it and I'm currently using it as my main. Compared to my 2 other speed cubes (both of which are stickerless, one YuXin and one unknown brand) it feels a lot smoother and faster, I really like the clicky sound but I know others won't. The set it's in comes with lube, alternative bushing and alternative springs. I've lubed + tensioned it to my liking and it got me my current personal best of 45 seconds. It corner-cuts quite well, the tiles are good quality - only criticism of them is one of the centre caps has a broken clasp, however, there are 2 per cap and the other one is intact so it doesn't fall out or anything. It's pricey compared to the 2 speedcubes I have (which were $5 for the YuXin online and €5 for the unknown one in store), but it's a lot better for my style of cubing.