• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube World Championship 2017 - Paris, France (13-16 July 2017)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
The competitor list seems to take exponentially longer to load the longer it gets, at least that's how it appears to me, and maybe these queries are adversely loading the server. The number of registrations has slowed down and ~700 in 1.5 days is hardly enough to kill a server anyway.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
That would be a good idea even at small comps. I went to a comp with only 80 competitors and there was another Joel in the same heat as me and it was quite confusing lol.
Yes, my cube has ended up with the wrong competitor more than once. In 3BLD at the UKs it got to the execution phase before it was noticed.

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, my cube has ended up with the wrong competitor more than once. In 3BLD at the UKs it got to the execution phase before it was noticed.

This is why I use my own apparently bizarre sticker scheme and logos. Nobody ever confuses one of my cubes for theirs, and vice versa.

...Except those who have brought one of my own previous mains. Which is becoming a rapidly increasing number of UK cubers. Hmmmmmmm. Change in sticker scheme time?

I really should have taken the logos off of all the cubes I have sold.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is why I use my own apparently bizarre sticker scheme and logos. Nobody ever confuses one of my cubes for theirs, and vice versa.

...Except those who have brought one of my own previous mains. Which is becoming a rapidly increasing number of UK cubers. Hmmmmmmm. Change in sticker scheme time?

I really should have taken the logos off of all the cubes I have sold.
Apparently? ☺️

S

Scruggsy13

65 countries, wow. That's somewhat close to double the previous World's.

Tesla

I've paid and I'm 30th on the waiting list. Any idea of the likelihood of me making it on?

Joel2274

I've paid and I'm 30th on the waiting list. Any idea of the likelihood of me making it on?
I'm not sure. It says there are 1000 competitors registered.

Actually there's 1 thing I don't understand, how are there 39 first timers if the requirement for 3x3 is an official time in 3x3? Are they planning on going to another competition before worlds? If so, and they happen to not make it then I guess they could clear those 39 spots up.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Actually there's 1 thing I don't understand, how are there 39 first timers if the requirement for 3x3 is an official time in 3x3? Are they planning on going to another competition before worlds? If so, and they happen to not make it then I guess they could clear those 39 spots up.

I would imagine that many of those competitors are indeed planning on attending another event before June 18th, but it's likely that many did not read the qualification requirements.

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
I would imagine that many of those competitors are indeed planning on attending another event before June 18th, but it's likely that many did not read the qualification requirements.

And there are some which dont want to compete in 3x3 which is extra weird...