• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
To my surprise I found cubes in the biggest Toronto newspaper today (Metro), on page #2. Millions of people here read it. Thats the exposure that we need! :D
pic:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/842/metrocubeee7.jpg

It got me wondering about exactly how much exposure it is getting elsewhere. Did anyone see it in the media recently? I wish we had a thread dedicated just for this. It is exciting and interesting to see whats written about us, the "speed cubers".

van21691

WCA
2007RODR02
wow, but Philippine is even better because during the Rubik's Cube Philippine Open 2007, there was a media recording the competition and then later broadcast it. A lot of tv appearance getting a lot of attentions to all filipinos. Wow.

DAE_JA_VOO

Wow that's cool!

Not exactly the same, but i managed to get my cube into South Africa's biggest IT mag. I write for PCFormat here, so i pushed my cube into one of the photos :p

img_8146.jpg

genwin

maybe the speedcubers here can come up with a "record" attempt on the next world championships.. hopefully the media can cover some of that..(guiness record??)

i don't watch a lot of ESPN but i have seen speedstacking a couple of times but never a speedcubing event...True??

jonny guitar

Not speedcubing but there is a commmercial on TV right now with some lady designer her loft and turning a rubiks cube with pictures of her fancy pad on it.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
There was a clue on Jeopardy yesterday that said:
"This world famous cube puzzle was made by a Hungarian"

It was only a $400 clue. This is the second time I've seen a Rubik's clue on Jeopardy. The other one was a couple months after Leyan Lo broke the WR, and it said something like "Leyan Lo solved this puzzle in 11.13 seconds as a new WR".

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
the Cincinnati Open had a short news blurb on Fox 19... I can send this to someone if they want to put it on youtube (I don't have an account)

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
There's a solved cube on angry video game nerd's tv here! Maybe he's a speedcuber too:)

Angry Video game nerd has some of the funniest videos I've seen on the internets. I watched this at work trying to contain my laughter while others stared at wtf was going on. Especially the last part where Batman shoves all the Joker games up Jokers crack :) oh man