• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's the cushiest job in football. Not to mention that if a defensive player touches the punter (unless they try a fake to get the first down) it's a penalty 9/10 times. Punters (and kickers, which are slightly different, and sometimes the same person) are not the slam against each other till someone falls down that most non-fans think of when they see american football. It is much more than that though.
Dan Carter holds the record for points scored in international matches in Rugby Union. He would be the equivalent of a punter/kicker but he did a little bit more!

WCA
2015LLOY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So there's this animated movie that came out not too long ago called "Your name". It's became the second-most financially successful Anime movie worldwide ("Spirited Away" being first), and you should probably watch it. But don't watch any trailers/ read any plot synopsis tho, it's best viewed with no real knowledge about it going in, I think.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, a scrambled Rubik's cube can be seen it at least one scene:

Your_Name_Cube.jpg

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
So there's this animated movie that came out not too long ago called "Your name". It's became the second-most financially successful Anime movie worldwide ("Spirited Away" being first), and you should probably watch it. But don't watch any trailers/ read any plot synopsis tho, it's best viewed with no real knowledge about it going in, I think.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, a scrambled Rubik's cube can be seen it at least one scene:

Your_Name_Cube.jpg

https://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
It's also the highest rated anime ever according to MyAnimeList.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh gosh.... Someone needs to start a series where they find everything wrong with cubing articles from non-cubing sites and sources.

I posted in this thread a few years ago - a major British newspaper covered the U.K. championships, and claimed that cubes use lubricant on their hands pre solve.

I really hope they interviewed someone at the comp who was totally pranking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadcat

Your_Name_Cube.jpg
Oooh that's from Shinkai Makoto. I remember watching 5cm and knmynb when they came out. So nostalgic, I gotta watch this!

EntireTV

Dan Carter holds the record for points scored in international matches in Rugby Union. He would be the equivalent of a punter/kicker but he did a little bit more!

Ahh even as an American (my dad is South African) I watch rugby and yes, it takes more skill than American football (Imo)

Every time I try to explain that to other Americans, and why it's more safe, they get all defensive! :)

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tonight's episode of Death in Paradise (S6 E4) featured a Rubik's brand 3x3. The main character DI Goodman was trying to solve it. He mentions the WR is 4.90 (presumably it was at the time it was filmed), and he gets told to cheat by taking it apart and putting it together in the solved state (and not by peeling the stickers).

He then spends some time turning seemingly at random without looking while talking about the case to take out his frustration, and solves it seemingly by accident, but since they did well with the rest and it's the kind of silly thing that sort of fits the tone of the show, I guess I can let it slide.

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01
Tonight's episode of Death in Paradise (S6 E4) featured a Rubik's brand 3x3. The main character DI Goodman was trying to solve it. He mentions the WR is 4.90 (presumably it was at the time it was filmed), and he gets told to cheat by taking it apart and putting it together in the solved state (and not by peeling the stickers).

He then spends some time turning seemingly at random without looking while talking about the case to take out his frustration, and solves it seemingly by accident, but since they did well with the rest and it's the kind of silly thing that sort of fits the tone of the show, I guess I can let it slide.

Lol
D. Goodman...

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel

I saw this episode at the weekend and I didn't know it was going to feature a Rubik's cube.

Literally two seconds after I was told to put my 5x5x5 down the main character appeared on screen with a cube. My other half couldn't believe it, cursed and face palmed. Classic timing! :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6390228/?ref_=ttep_ep4

Fear

Looking for source. I was watching TV and encountered the crossfit games. They were discussing what the next event would be and someone suggested that it would be a rubiks cube and they'd be stuck there for the whole year. The discussed it for a while.

Wouldn't be opposed to somebody else finding source.

EntireTV

A really weird got talent audition. Read the top comment! It says that they think self-solving cubes exist o_O

ruwix

YouTube
Visit Channel
I keep getting a Hostgator ad on YouTube which starts with a guy playing with a cube so I was looking for other ads featuring the Rubik's Cube. I've found a few ads but do you know about any other examples?

ad_hostgator_youtube.jpg

This Playstation 3 ad from 2007:

Some Turkish company:
cube-truck.jpg

Do you know about any other advertising?