• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik Speedsolving Association - A message from Ernő Rubik

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello cubing community!

Ernő Rubik has just made public his interest in speedcubing and its educational benefits. Rubik's representatives have requested that we divulge this message and future (!) messages from the Professor to the community (see bottom of this post).

Speedcubing as a phenomenon owes its thanks to all of the people that help make it possible. If you have attended a competition before, then you are a part of this. If you have organized or participated as staff at a competition before, then you are a part of this. To all the WCA Officials and volunteers, you are a part of this.

On behalf of the WCA Board I would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible! We look forward to more exciting things to come for our community!

Regards,
Chris Hardwick

Please share this message and subscribe!
https://plus.google.com/+ErnoRubik/posts/YMRf9fPoBBF

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Great to hear this. It would be great to work with Erno and Rubik's to better the community and provide more educational opportunities, amongst other things, for people around the world.

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A great read and great that Erno has taken the time to commend the speedcubing movement.

As a solver who has had the pleasure to have been solving for over 35 years since the cube was originally released I have to say that the movement today with the structure and framework the WCA gives the past time and communities such as this forum make speedsolving an excellent hobby that I am proud to be a part of and I enjoy solving as much today as I did in the early 80's.

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
Rubik Speedsolving Association? Call me a downer but I'm quite happy with what we have right now. Nothing wrong with the WCA and the way things are going, people compete, and some people organize, that's the way it should be. If this is just meant to act as a catalyst to what we already have then by all means I welcome this, but I really don't want to have competing systems for competitors, we saw in Jessica Fridrich's accounts of 1982 how that went wrong.

Rubik Speedsolving Association? Call me a downer but I'm quite happy with what we have right now. Nothing wrong with the WCA and the way things are going, people compete, and some people organize, that's the way it should be.

Depends how the RSA will work

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll reserve judgement until we see a few more details about what the RSA will actually do and how it will work alongside the WCA (if it even needs to). It's an interesting idea, though! The guy has influence and resources, I assume.

Dom

WCA
2016DOMI06
YouTube
Visit Channel
If the RSA tries to enforce Rubik's brand only I reckon that they may run into a few problems with the current cubing community.
No, man. They gave up on that already. It's about more than money to Ernö. It's about his legacy. It's about how his creation has influenced the entire world. I'm glad I'm able to be a part of it. Aren't you?
Ernö Rubik wants to continue to be a positive influence in cubing, too.