• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] RSC

Destiny

My friend says he wants a speedcube but wants a tiled one. I first told him that most good speedcubes are stickered or stickerless. I recommended the MF3RS or Warrior W.
He says if it's not tiled, he wont get it
I've also gone to speedcubereview.com and told him the Valk and GTS2 are better afor that pricepoint, but they're not tiled.
He says the only reason the RSC is better than anything else is because it's tiled.

How do I convince him?
(He says he wants a normal speedcube, the RSC)

Last edited:

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is his logic behind wanting a tiled cube? Is it because the tiles won't peel? If that's the case, it's very possible to get durable stickers for a speedcube, or you could opt for stickerless. If it's for aesthetics alone, there's not much you can do to convince him if he's set in his ways, but remind him that you sometimes have to make sacrifices in looks to get the best performance.

(Or, you could let him get an RSC, wait for him to learn the hard way that it's not as good as other speedcubes, and then watch him eventually change his mind.)

Destiny

Ok, thanks
What is his logic behind wanting a tiled cube? Is it because the tiles won't peel? If that's the case, it's very possible to get durable stickers for a speedcube, or you could opt for stickerless. If it's for aesthetics alone, there's not much you can do to convince him if he's set in his ways, but remind him that you sometimes have to make sacrifices in looks to get the best performance.

(Or, you could let him get an RSC, wait for him to learn the hard way that it's not as good as other speedcubes, and then watch him eventually change his mind.(XD)
)

Last edited:

cubing master

WCA
2014ROBE05
If your friend thinks he need a tiled cube, then he probably has not had much experience with cubing, and is not some insanely fast speedcuber. If this is the case, the RSC is probably almost perfect for him, even though it is not as good as other speedcubes.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
If your friend thinks he need a tiled cube, then he probably has not had much experience with cubing, and is not some insanely fast speedcuber. If this is the case, the RSC is probably almost perfect for him, even though it is not as good as other speedcubes.
The problem is that it's more expensive and won't last as long (before he outgrows it) so in the end it ends up being a waste of money.

cubing master

WCA
2014ROBE05
The problem is that it's more expensive and won't last as long (before he outgrows it) so in the end it ends up being a waste of money.
I actually like the RSC. It feels good to turn and he might not outgrow it. It is durable, a lot of cubes that are more expensive than it break easier, and don't turn as well. I would let him buy it.

The good thing about tiles...
they don't peel of
they make the cube look brand new
they are waterproof
the colour stays clean and in a square shape
you can clean your cube
no cheaters
no twisting corners
better look

Destiny

Peeling off is an advantage, you can change the shades.
They are also quite high quality nowadays
Stickerless also looks brand new
Stickers keep their colour
(It's not like it bleeds)
The RSC twists corners quites easily, It is based off a Gan 356 v2
It looks the same as stickered black