• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Roux with F2L: 9.89 avg12, 8.54 avg5

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Steps:
1. Solve two opposite edges of your cross. In the other two positions, place two non middle layer edges. So basically, solve a line on D and ensure that there are no middle layer edges on the bottom layer.
2. F2L
3. CMLL
4. LSE

Really just a fun thing that I decided to practise. I'm not advocating it as a method or anything, because F2B is so much more efficient. I'd be interested to see how fast the really fast CFOPers can solve F2B with this method though, as you get a lot of easy xcrosses and one move crosses with this.

Times:
10.16, 9.01, (14.93), 8.50, (8.10), 8.11, 12.78, 12.32, 9.14, 9.89, 10.15, 8.83 = 9.89 avg12

Bolded is a 8.54 avg5

Lost the scrambles because my computer crashed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artic

Good stuff brother. I see you've gone from super fast to insanely fast this past month. Switching cubes perhaps did it? And the average would've been better if you didn't have those cube slipups. But still faster than 99.9% of people :)

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good stuff brother. I see you've gone from super fast to insanely fast this past month. Switching cubes perhaps did it? And the average would've been better if you didn't have those cube slipups. But still faster than 99.9% of people :)

Thanks! Sorry for taking so long to make the video! Yeah, I think the aolong improved my times. I feel like I'm getting a lot more sub 9 solves with it.

Those counting 12s... :(
wow, that's impressive. are you faster with this or regular roux?
Thanks!

My PBs are lower with this (9.65 avg12, 8.22 avg5). You'd kind of expect it though, as I'm a lot more familiar with F2L. I sometimes still have trouble looking for pieces when I do F2B.