• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Remove Rubik's Cube as an Official Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone! I've been reading the arguments for removing feet as an event, and an idea struck me:

Instead of feet, we should remove Rubik's Cube. I would not be making this argument if I did not hate Rubik's Cube as an event, but like the people who hate feet, I will not be making my arguments based on my hatred, but on facts.

Here are my reasons:
-Removing Rubik's cube would make room for 3-4 extra events at every competition.
-It is not an interesting event (does not add anything over 3x3 One-Handed or 3x3 with feet).
-You can pick up some serious germs by scrambling all the cubes of the little kids. I'd rather scramble one cube for feet than five for 3x3.
-If it gets removed, there will still be 16 other events for people to do.
-It is extremely inconvenient to run due to how long it takes to do one round of it.
-It gives the speedcubing community the wrong reputation. People often think Rubik's Cube is the only event, even though there are many events that are more interesting and fun to watch than boring old 3x3.
-It requires someone to have two hands, unlike feet and OH.
-It's a large enough puzzle to be boring to watch, but not large enough to be impressive.
-The people who are fastest at bigger cubes tend to be the fastest at 3x3, so it doesn't really add anything.
-The people who are really into Rubik's Cube can just switch to other events where their 3x3 speed will transfer, unlike people who are really into feet.
-The methods used are not very interesting, and most people use the most boring method.
-It's boring and it sucks.

Thanks for reading! Next time you find yourself wanting to remove feet, just ask yourself: shouldn't we be removing Rubik's Cube instead?

It is the worst event that takes up the most time!

jdbryant

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone! I've been reading the arguments for removing feet as an event, and an idea struck me:

Instead of feet, we should remove Rubik's Cube. I would not be making this argument if I did not hate Rubik's Cube as an event, but like the people who hate feet, I will not be making my arguments based on my hatred, but on facts.

Here are my reasons:
-Removing Rubik's cube would make room for 3-4 extra events at every competition.
-It is not an interesting event (does not add anything over 3x3 One-Handed or 3x3 with feet).
-You can pick up some serious germs by scrambling all the cubes of the little kids. I'd rather scramble one cube for feet than five for 3x3.
-If it gets removed, there will still be 16 other events for people to do.
-It is extremely inconvenient to run due to how long it takes to do one round of it.
-It gives the speedcubing community the wrong reputation. People often think Rubik's Cube is the only event, even though there are many events that are more interesting and fun to watch than boring old 3x3.
-It's a large enough puzzle to be boring to watch, but not large enough to be impressive.
-The people who are fastest at bigger cubes tend to be the fastest at 3x3, so it doesn't really add anything.
-The people who are really into Rubik's Cube can just switch to other events where their 3x3 speed will transfer, unlike people who are really into feet.
-The methods used are not very interesting, and most people use the most boring method.
-It's boring and it sucks.

Thanks for reading! Next time you find yourself wanting to remove feet, just ask yourself: shouldn't we be removing Rubik's Cube instead?

It is the worst event that takes up the most time!
Umm... Yeah.

That was funny though.

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rubiks doesn't even make the majority of the hardware anymore so the only reason we're keeping it is because its been there all along... I bet if we tried to add it today people would say no ;)

D

Deleted member 19792

"This can make room for more events"

OMG OMG OMG LIKE 15PUZZLE XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Noah, do/did you do debate? Cause you did a pretty good job.

No. Just a lifetime of arguing.

At first i thought it was serious
(then i lol'd)

This is serious.

Umm... Yeah.

Twas a joke. Calm yourself.

Why you no make poll?. If enough people vote for it to be removed then clearly it should be removed.

I'm worried that if I make a poll, people will vote for keeping Rubik's Cube, especially since it is extremely popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.