• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rapid Dash Open 2012. Guildford, UK!

Will you attend Rapidash Open 2012?

• Total voters

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
May be able to go. Obviously travelling to Guildford from Newcastle isn't cheap and we are planning a trip to France later In the year. If I were to go though my only goal is to improve the awful average I did at the last competition.

Megabus from Newcastle to London is usually £8/15 either way, cheaper being less convenient usually. From the London coach station I think it's one tube ride and then a train into Guildford. It won't be pleasant but you can probably do the whole thing for ~£40 or less... So it's still not cheap, but it's not the £100 or whatever the train lines will be charging.

Also Phillip <3

chrissyD

WCA
2009DICK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Megabus from Newcastle to London is usually £8/15 either way, cheaper being less convenient usually. From the London coach station I think it's one tube ride and then a train into Guildford. It won't be pleasant but you can probably do the whole thing for ~£40 or less... So it's still not cheap, but it's not the £100 or whatever the train lines will be charging.

That reminds me, I know someone who may be able to get me a 40% discount on trains to London. May just stay for one day but one day is better than none.

Chilli

WCA
2012GOOD01
I've been trawling the WCA website for ages looking for a UK comp. I'll have to try and convince someone to let me come.
EDIT: It's not gonna be like a pokemon convention? It might be kinda hard to convince my dad if it is.

Last edited:

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been trawling the WCA website for ages looking for a UK comp. I'll have to try and convince someone to let me come.
EDIT: It's not gonna be like a pokemon convention? It might be kinda hard to convince my dad if it is.

No, it's just a competition with an odd name.

Is it a bit sad that I'm alread yplanning my travel/accomodation? :)

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is an allotted time to register and if u dont register then u wont get to enter but they wont 'sell out' in this time
General point highlighted by the example above: It's a little annoying when people presume things like this an and then state them as facts. To me it sounds like you're making decisions that the organisational team should be making. Imagine if it does now 'sell out' quickly...suddenly the organisers are to blame because apparently it never sells out. Nothing against you in particular, angham - other people do it too and I just wanted to dissuade people from doing so. Next time give an example of previous comps and leave it at that rather than saying what will happen this time.

On a more exciting note, we're hoping to open registration in the next few days :)