1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

QuYi Valk 3 M vs Gans 365 Air SM (Magnetic Edition) (Please Explain Why!)

Discussion in 'Puzzle Reviews' started by The Torrent, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Valk 3 M

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Gans 365 air SM Magnetic

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Which one, i know many people would say valk, but take into account that it is magnetic, i have been told because a separate company put the magnets in the Valk, their bad whereas gans have put more research into theirs.

EDIT: PLEASE SAY WHY PLS

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    The gans seems to be winning in the poll, which is unusual because people always prefer the valk. Can anyone post a reply why they chose the gans over valk?

3. applezfall

applezfall Member

May 6, 2017
    Malldova
    WCA:
    2016NAGR01
    I prefer the valk cause it's slower and silkier

4. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    @applezfall Ok, thank you.

Btw, where can i read the rules from?? The 'Terms and Rules' page just talks about legal stuff.

EDIT: btw, by saying 'thank you', i am just saying thank you for replying, in no way am i telling others that i have drawn a conclusion others please post below saying which on you like more. If there i another thread similar to this where i can ask this question and get more replies please let me know.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  5. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    You can read the rules here.

6. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Hmph, after doing some research, it appears the cubicle does not yet stock the gans magnetic. This is strange. Is this not legitimate https://www.kewbz.co.uk/products/gans-sm or has it came out in the uk before the us (which seems unlikely). Whats going on??

7. North Eastern Cuber

North Eastern Cuber Member

Dec 10, 2017
    Pennsylvania
    WCA:
    2016WILH03
    YouTube:
    North Eastern Cuber
    Valk M because in my opinion the SM is overpriced and not worth it. I personally am not a GAN cube person, so don't yell at me plz

8. 1001010101001

1001010101001 Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Australia
    WCA:
    2017WENR01
    Valk. Gans are overpriced, being twice the price of what they are worth.

North Eastern Cuber likes this.
  9. casi

casi Member

Sep 11, 2017
    GAN. Valks are too clicky. The SM is better than any cube I've ever tried.

Competition Cuber likes this.
  10. JustSomeRandomDude

JustSomeRandomDude Member

Mar 9, 2018
    If you are still wondering, I would say GAN. Magnets are the gimmick here, and you should be taking full advantage of the stability they give you, GAN air cubes are superbly fast and smooth, but that tends to make them uncontrollable, so you are getting the speed + the stability there, while the valk is already more stable by default, at least imo.
    That depends on your turning style, tho. I tend to like fast, smooth turning, so that's the reason I stick with GAN and the GTS 2 as a backup.

Also, remember that the valk is 55.5 mm against the 56 mm of the GAN, and that does make a difference while solving.