• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

qClock (Rubik's Clock simulator)

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can add that if you guys want. Would x2/y2/z/z' be good for rotation keys? And would it be OK if the scramble always gives you an orientation with 12 on top?

If you're going to add rotations you should mark the top of the clock. If the scramble always orientates w/ 12 on top you can always just apply z * rand(4) at the end.

Overall it looks really good! Any specific reason you decided to make the turns split into 1/2/4 a opposed to the 1/3/6 of your old sim? Also how come you don't have to push <space> to stop the timer like most of your other more recent sims?

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're going to add rotations you should mark the top of the clock. If the scramble always orientates w/ 12 on top you can always just apply z * rand(4) at the end.

Overall it looks really good! Any specific reason you decided to make the turns split into 1/2/4 a opposed to the 1/3/6 of your old sim? Also how come you don't have to push <space> to stop the timer like most of your other more recent sims?

space is y2

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice to see you in a clock sim thread, dbax :p

If you're going to add rotations you should mark the top of the clock.
Yep, I'm adding little dots on the top, which can be turned off with the color scheme settings.

I got 1/3/6 from one of the Java sims around at the time. The 1/2/4 is the one I preferred after playing around with a bunch of control schemes, and it's slightly more efficient than 1/3/6, although of course you are free to choose your own since the controls on this sim are customizable.

As for pressing Space to stop the timer, I mainly included that on qCube so that larger cubes wouldn't be slowed down by checking if the puzzle is solved as many as 10 times a second. On smaller puzzles like 3x3x3 or Clock it's not at all noticeable.

EDIT: qClock should now be updated with rotations and 12 o'clock dots. It should also save your chosen control scheme in localStorage.

Last edited:

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice to see you in a clock sim thread, dbax :p

As for pressing Space to stop the timer, I mainly included that on qCube so that larger cubes wouldn't be slowed down by checking if the puzzle is solved as many as 10 times a second. On smaller puzzles like 3x3x3 or Clock it's not at all noticeable.

Ahh. I always thought it was to stop people from spamming AUF at the end of solves.

Just noticed marathon mode, very cool! That should keep me busy. Looks like 42 clocks is hardcoded though? I couldn't get it to change even with modifying nTotal in console.