• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx Method Order

Mwaha

Ok...

I can easily solve pyraminx intuitively...

I was trying to search up some intermediate/advanced method

But I dont really know what order I should learn them...

Can anyone give me a list of the pyraminx methods

In the order (easiest to hardest)?

Also, it would be helpful if there are brief descriptions for each method...

:)

Duncan Bannon

I'm by far not the most qualified but there are 2 ways to go.

Method 1 (V-First) - Layer by Layer < L4E

Method 2 (Top-First) - Keyhole and then you continue to add more methods while continuing to use the old methods, like 2x2. After Keyhole you can learn Oka, Nutella, WO, and One Flip.

Hope it helps, both ways to go about being fast. Feel free to ask an more questions.

Reizii_

WCA
2019LAWS01
While using the algorithmic methods can get you good times, they aren't for everyone. I tried getting fast with 1-Flip and a bit of WO for a month or two, but I found I had hit a plateau. Because of this, I've recently made the decision to switch to L4E, since I'm good at building the V and lookahead was significantly easier.
Kerry Creech could probably give you some info or help pertaining to L4E if you sent him a message.

Djangovend

WCA
2015DJAN01
I use Top-first and this is how fast I recomend you to be when learning the methods:

Sub-8: Keyhole.

Sub-7: One-flip.

Sub-5.5: WO, Oka.

Sub-4: Nutella, Bell.

Sub-3.5: L4E, Intuitive Top and a couple top-first tricks.

The algs are extremely short (3-7 Moves) and pretty intuitive so they are very easy to learn.

Last edited: