• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Pyraminx Discussion

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://cubing.com.ua/speed/nutella

The page is in Ukrainian, so you have to use Google Translator to translate it or just follow the pictures.

I assume this would work (sorry, I did them from head, and didn't know the case beforehand, but I hope my imagination did the job :) too lazy to grab a pyra. )
L R' L' R L' R' L R
L R' L R L R' L' R L
L R U' R L R' L U [U'] L'

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh right, I forgot.
youtube isn't letting me slow down videos anymore, not sure why. I checked and tried to re-enable the html5 test feature thingy like I'd done before and gotten it to work, but it isn't letting me do anything. And he's too fast to just watch and see what he does at normal speed :/

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh right, I forgot.
youtube isn't letting me slow down videos anymore, not sure why. I checked and tried to re-enable the html5 test feature thingy like I'd done before and gotten it to work, but it isn't letting me do anything. And he's too fast to just watch and see what he does at normal speed :/

it depends on the upload date and things like that.

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
Sorry to bump this up but I've been trying to learn Keyhole but I don't how to do the centers (I've learnt everything else). Can someone please give me a detailed description on how to solve the centres for the Keyhole method? Thanks.

Last edited:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the bump haha :)

basically once you have 2 of the 3 edges around 1 center, you use the non-solved slot to rotate the remaining centers into the proper orientation, if that makes sense. If you subscribe to CubingWorld on youtube, I actually will be having a detailed keyhole tutorial coming in Season 3. I'm not really sure how to explain it with just text...

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
What is a good follow up to the lbl method. I avg like 9-10 with lbl and like 15-16 with oka. Thus, I use lbl. How should I improve my times? Using lbl ofc.

If you don't already, try to blockbuild the first layer to reduce your movecount. Work on inspection, try to plan as much as you possibly can. Make sure you can recognise L3E cases instantly, and execute them quickly.

Disclaimer: I don't use LBL, but these are just general tips so it shouldn't matter.

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
Thanks for the bump haha :)

basically once you have 2 of the 3 edges around 1 center, you use the non-solved slot to rotate the remaining centers into the proper orientation, if that makes sense. If you subscribe to CubingWorld on youtube, I actually will be having a detailed keyhole tutorial coming in Season 3. I'm not really sure how to explain it with just text...

That would be awesome, I'll be watching out! :)

Just one question, do you have t make the '2 edges around the center on the same face? (eg, if i made the 2 edges around the 1 center BLUE, does it have to be on the face with the 3 blue corners?

By the way, when will the video be posted, roughly?

Last edited:

sokoban

Pyraminx methods.

Hi guys, I was looking up the Speedsolving wiki's Pyraminx method page, and it mentions a method called Fan's Pyraminx or Face Permute method. I Googled it further to see if there were algorithms, but alas, I was left empty handed. So, does anybody have algorithms for this method? Its not that I cant get fast with LBL (4.xy), it's just that I would like to try a new method.

Cheers