• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx bandage, and Tetracopter

Namoon

these are just some ideas that i have for tetrahedrons.
the first one is a bandaged pyraminx so that you can only do rotations on two axis's.
the other one is a helicopter pyraminx (Tetracopter) it's a pyraminx that turns like a helicopter cube. 2 centers, two tips, 1 edge.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if anyone has actually constructed that bandaged Pyraminx before, but the idea of only being able to do rotations on two axes of a Pyraminx has been explored before. I made a Petrus-like Pyraminx method using that as a substep ages ago (edge + 2 corners + orient remaining edges, then 2gen).

The edge turning Pyraminx idea is pretty old; one name is a Mastermorphynx. Here is a video of one. You can of course get the same effect by just taking a normal Mastermorphix, only doing 180-degree turns, and ignoring the center triangle on each side. (And Mastermorphix is just a 3x3x3 shape mod.)