Proposal: Splitting the How To's and Guides section

Discussion in 'Help, support & suggestions' started by onlyleftname, Jan 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. onlyleftname

onlyleftname Member

Aug 30, 2011
    WCA:
    2011ROYC01
    Proposal: Labelling the How To's and Guides section

Put [text-based] or [video] in the title, because sometimes it's easier.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. asportking

asportking Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Michigan
    YouTube:
    asportkingSoF
    I don't think they should be separated (since many tutorials have both text and video), but [text-based] or [video] in the title might help. It would be a lot of work though, to go through all those guides and label them as text-based guides or video guides.

3. onlyleftname

onlyleftname Member

Aug 30, 2011
    WCA:
    2011ROYC01
    I don't mean like apply them now, just make it strongly recommended to do that.

4. insane569

insane569 Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    WCA:
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube:
    insane569
    They should end with either
    TEXT
    VIDEO
    TEXT/VIDEO
    This would help more.

5. pjk

pjk Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok, Thailand
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    Good idea. We are considering implementing [prefixes] for threads to help sort/label them. We will consider this once we implement them. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. PandaCuber

PandaCuber Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Uruguay
    YouTube:
    brusinque
    This. I like.