Prisma Puzzle Timer

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by Walter Souza, Nov 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    I think having a number to describe the asymmetry of mo100's would be cool. Kurtosis really isn't that useful.

2. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    Getting scrambles from the clipboard can be useful. Creating a new file to import a single scramble is surely cumbersome.

3. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    Why hide the viewer? If you're tempted to cheat, you'll probably look at the puzzle in front of you anyway.

Reordering of the categories is in my todo list.

4. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    Send me a 30s sound file (.wav, mono, 44100Hz) of your stackmat timer output. I'll see what I can do.

5. da25centz

da25centz Member

Aug 15, 2010
    WCA:
    2010MEYE01
    YouTube:
    Animan70
    I would recommend only having your records update after each run of the program:

sometimes Ill do like 8 solves, and close puzzle timer
    If i come back later and do another 5 solves, it will probably tell me that I got a pb avg of 12. Although I do like that it saves your pb's for single, a5, a12, etc. I think that the data for those should only be pulled from the current session

6. FatBoyXPC

FatBoyXPC Member

Nov 28, 2009
    WCA:
    2010LACH01
    YouTube:
    fatboyxpc
    I'm having a slight glitch when trying to run this, but I have got the app to run. I'll edit my post with more features I'd like to see once I get it working how it should.

I had some stuff written about what I would like to see but since I finally got it working (somewhat) I deleted my text and will come back and edit it once I get a better view of the app. Good work though so far!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  7. bluedasher

bluedasher Member

Jul 10, 2010
    USA
    The timer looks good. This is probably going to replace J-Net and CCT as my new timer. One suggestion though and I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I didn't see this mentioned.

It could be a good idea if you add a LL scrambler for the 3x3. I find myself wanting to cut down my LL times all the time. This would be cool to have a LL scrambler.

8. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    You can create a new category named "Rubik's cube - Last layer" using "Fridrich - OLL training scrambler" as scrambler.

9. joey

joey Member

Apr 8, 2007
    WCA:
    2007GOUL01
    YouTube:
    cardologist
    That won't give all the cases..

10. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    Why not?

11. joey

joey Member

Apr 8, 2007
    WCA:
    2007GOUL01
    YouTube:
    cardologist
    Because there are only 57 OLLs..
    And everytime you get the the same OLL with this timer, you'll just get the same PLL all the time.

12. otsyke

otsyke Member

Jul 29, 2009
    to solve the gray window problem try setting this environment variabile befor launching the jar from the same console:

Code:
    export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit
    worked for me. Then add to your ~/.pam_environment or /etc/environment file.

13. cisco

cisco Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Madrid, Spain
    WCA:
    2008PERE02
    YouTube:
    ciscou
    @joey I've not tested it, but I'm pretty sure you'll get different PLL's whith the same OLL each time. Much as you'd expect with an actual cube after solving F2L.

@otsyke Yeah, I had this issue with java + compiz but ages ago, I though it'd be already solved.

@Walter Man you're doing an EXCELLENT work, keep on with that :)

14. demma

demma Member

Jun 26, 2010
    WCA:
    2011LAMA02
    Excelent work! Congrats.
    Keeping an eye on this thread to see more stuff coming.

15. gamma105

gamma105 Member

Oct 29, 2010
    great job! love the timer!! please let us know when you get the stackmat timer to work :D

16. cisco

cisco Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Madrid, Spain
    WCA:
    2008PERE02
    YouTube:
    ciscou
    actually, the stackmat timer is currently working (I was playing with it yesterday) =\

17. oranjules

oranjules Member

Oct 29, 2010
    WCA:
    2010DESJ01
    very good job ! it's going to be my main timer :p
    a suggestion : could you make sub-optimal scrambles for pyraminx, like qqtimer ? It's better when you don't know that your scramble is very lucky :)

18. Godmil

Godmil Premium Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    YouTube:
    Godmil
    Oh man, this is brilliant, I love how easy it is to bring up optimal Cross solutions. It's really helping me.

Edit: I'm also loving that it provides a session summary with the best Ao5 and Ao12... saves soo much time.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  19. oll+phase+sync

oll+phase+sync Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Great work, and yes the inspection time would be great even as keybord only addon, but non of the timers I tried so far has this feature.

20. joey

joey Member

Apr 8, 2007
    WCA:
    2007GOUL01
    YouTube:
    cardologist
    You haven't used JNet, CCT or qqTimer? All have inspection...