Prisma Puzzle Timer

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by Walter Souza, Nov 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

Which Jeremy was trying to fix.

It should be a good representation of a typical time for the session, so some good options are:

- Median
    - DNF-dependent trimmed average (where the number of trimmed times from both ends equals the number of DNFs)
    - Average of your middle 50% of solves.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. jfly

jfly Member

Aug 23, 2008
    California
    WCA:
    2005FLEI01
    YouTube:
    jflysohigh
    Yeah, throwing out all DNFs is bad. I would love to see people use Michael Gottlieb's suggestion: Throw out (n/10 rounded up the nearest even number) solves, and average what's left behind. This basically amounts to averaging the middle 90% of solves.

3. ~Phoenix Death~

~Phoenix Death~ Member

Oct 3, 2009
    LOL STALKER
    WCA:
    2010LECA01
    YouTube:
    FirefoxFreeze
    It's a dream come true <3
    You should add puzzles from QQTimer.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. y3k9

y3k9 Member

Aug 29, 2010
    I'm not sure that's the mac version, try to find the mac version.

5. ~Phoenix Death~

~Phoenix Death~ Member

Oct 3, 2009
    LOL STALKER
    WCA:
    2010LECA01
    YouTube:
    FirefoxFreeze
    One thing I reccomend you add is to make the scramble selectable, that is, so I can copy and paste it.

6. Wonderful timer, I've always tried using CCT since I wanted a nice, downloadable timer but CCT never really cut out for me. This will be the best timer ever (for me) if I can get my stackmat working fine on this. :D

7. Nestor

Nestor Premium Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Dominican Republic
    WCA:
    2013SANC10
    Awesome timer!

Being the noob I am at reading scrambles, an animated cube scrambling itself as you click it (perhaps with options regarding speed of the animation) would make this pretty much perfect for the less advanced cubers.

8. Boscotheclown

Boscotheclown Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Absolutely love it! Works with no problems for me. I really like the fact that it has a cube for you to see if you got the scramble right. One thing though is that when I start a new session after a few solves it will sometimes give me a message saying that I have a new personal best for an average of twelve. Even though I haven't even done twelve solves yet. I am assuming that it means the last twelve solves you did from that session and the previous one?

9. y3k9

y3k9 Member

Aug 29, 2010
    More trainers. But the timer is awesome.

10. avgdi

avgdi Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Bellingham, WA
    WCA:
    2011VAND01
    YouTube:
    avgdi
    I'm running it on a mac and it works fine.

This timer is awesome. I never really liked CCT, not sure why. But I think I will use this as my main timer now.

11. I was using puzzle timer a bit yesterday, and then I closed it out, thinking it would save the session.
    Then a little later, I opened it up, and my session was gone. Is this normal? If so, I think it would be
    a good idea to put it in.

12. poller

poller Member

Nov 29, 2010
    WCA:
    2010POLL02
    YouTube:
    poller2810
    amazing timer.. i like it...

but on Ubuntu 10.10 it doesnt work with ma stackmat timer.. cct works fine.. is there maybe any workaround or fix for this problem?

13. ~Phoenix Death~

~Phoenix Death~ Member

Oct 3, 2009
    LOL STALKER
    WCA:
    2010LECA01
    YouTube:
    FirefoxFreeze
    Make it save times and make selectable scrambles.

14. tertius

tertius Member

Nov 5, 2010
    The timer is great but I can't pull up the times after I close the program. I downloaded H2, but can't seem to figure out how to install it (maybe I have?).

What do I need to do to get it to locate the old times (tried the history menu option)? The completed times database is on my desktop but the extension .h2.db will not open.

15. aronpm

aronpm Member

Sep 9, 2009
    2 more suggestions:
    Make 2x2 scrambles use only RUF, random state, and maybe an option for non-optimal random state.
    Make 4x4 scrambles only use the ruf wide turns.

16. Carrot

Carrot Member

Feb 9, 2009
    WCA:
    2008ANDE02
    YouTube:
    Minxer2011
    Don't you mean sub-optimal 2x2x2 scrambler?

And for the people who says it doesn't save your session... Then yes, it is not supposed to save the session, but it stores your times in a DB so you can view your history/stats for each puzzle (view -> history...). If this doesn't work, then it is a bug :) (it works fine for me :p)

17. dcrystalj

dcrystalj Member

Jan 24, 2010
    HI i like it but make inspectation time, and when in full screen mode should be able to resize font of timer (biger 00:00.00)

18. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    Try the other way around. First select the device, then select Options -> Timer trigger -> Stackmat timer.

19. Walter Souza

Walter Souza Member

Oct 30, 2010
    São Paulo
    WCA:
    2010SOUZ01
    Some good ideas here. I'll think about them.

What would be a "more intuitive management for times, puzzles, histories, sessions"? I think the current way is pretty straightforward.

Honest question: what sessions are used for? Why should they span more than one run of the program?

My current deployment method is Export... -> Runnable jar file in Eclipse. It works fine for a solo developer.

20. falcon71

falcon71 Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Thank you, I tried that but it still won't work.
    I'm using Windows 7 64bit and Java 1.6.0_22