Premium Members See ads on new format now?

Discussion in 'Help, support & suggestions' started by SirWaffle, Apr 25, 2016.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. So the speedsolving forums have had a lot of upgrades some good some bad, i personally dont like this change but hey whatever i can get used to most of them. However one issue i do have though that i want to bring up is why is it i have a premium membership but i see ads again? This might not seem like a massive deal but one of the main reasons of paying for a premium membership was to eliminate ads. Does the perks of having a premium membership just not exist anymore?

2. pjk

pjk Administrator Staff Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    Were you referring to the footer ad? This was an issue on the backend which should be fixed now, let me know specifically which ad you're referring to and I'll fix it. All of the same benefits exist for premium members, and will hopefully provide more in the future.

I just want to note that premium members help pay to keep this site running, and are greatly appreciated. What specifically do you dislike about the current setup such that it can be improved for the whole?

3. Hey, thank you for the quick reply. Yes i was referring to just the footer ad ( i don't recall where any other ads were but if I do happen to find any I will mention it) And thank you for the quick fix.

So a few things to name is, where has the search functions for searching inside a certain thread gone? I could possibly be over looking a search function which if i am maybe it should be placed better like right above the entire thread as before or within thread tools? Just somewhere easier to find.

Actually finding new posts AND all recent posts (read or not read) yes I understand I can use /old which I do and there is a link to "new posts" but once I read a thread and click on new posts the previously read thread is gone. What I am getting at is there should be a link actually on the forum where you can see all activity, yeah P can continue using /old to get to this but i can't be the only one not wanting to click a bookmarked link every time to see this.

So just adding something like "all recent posts" and having it lead to /old would be very useful. Rather than new which only has unread posts.
    upload_2016-4-25_22-49-28.png

Another small issue I actually found whilst typing this post is when you click onto "search forums" the toolbar disappears. Maybe this is intended to be this way but when click all of the other links it is there

upload_2016-4-25_22-52-22.png

At the time being this is all I can think of ( i know there is likely more but as of now i will just post these.)

4. pjk

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    Good point. I will look into this further and let you know.

Good suggestions. I've added a link next to the New Posts titled "All Latest Posts".

That toolbar shows when the Forum tab is active. When you click on search forums, you are no longer active on the Forum tab, hence the toolbar going away.

If you notice any other issues or have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

5. pjk

Mar 13, 2006
    Bangkok
    WCA:
    2007KELL02
    YouTube:
    pjkcards
    When you're in a thread, hover over the search in the toolbar, and check "search this thread only", this will allow you to search the specific thread:
    Screenshot 2016-04-27 16.23.18.png