• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pll_trainer: helps you practice PLL's

Tonne

Hello,

I'm cubing for a few months now and I know full pll. When I was reading about the pll-trainer I thought I have to try it. But I don't really understand how this program works, or how you can train with it.
When you click start you don't know which algorithm comes. Do you then create the case while the wait time? Or do you prepare 21 cubes with each case? ^^
Should I disable all pll's and practice only one case, which I enable?

Probably this are stupid questions. I've read the whole thread but my english is not the best (sorry for that) and maybe I haven't really understood it.

zottey

YouTube
Visit Channel
no it counts down and then gives you a pll and at that split second you have to do that algorithm as fast as possible. your cube should start out solved. hope this helped :]

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why do you feel that you MUST have that case on the cube just to execute the algorithm? You can still perform the sequence as moves, as fast as you can, right?

There has been Sooo much confusion about this program in the past, its incredible! :)

dougbenham

"Can not Open
Run-Timer Error '53':
File not found : 'pll01.gif'"

I was able to run it yesterday, and the pll01.gif is in the folder can any one help me out ?

Thats a bit of a wierd error if the pll01.gif is actually in the folder.. Maybe the program doesn't have file access permissions?

Odin

WCA
2009RODR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
"Can not Open
Run-Timer Error '53':

I was able to run it yesterday, and the pll01.gif is in the folder can any one help me out ?

Thats a bit of a wierd error if the pll01.gif is actually in the folder.. Maybe the program doesn't have file access permissions?

Hmm, how do I give the file "access permission"?

dougbenham

"Can not Open
Run-Timer Error '53':

Hmm, how do I give the file "access permission"?

Right-click on the main executable and click on Properties. Click on the Security tab in the dialog that appears. Take a look and see if all the permissions are set appropriately.

splhc1298

I downloaded it and found the folder on my computer but dont see anything that opens the program... I really want to use it but cannot find the right thing. I see 21 picture files

Thieflordz5

WCA
2009PAPP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Simple but should be pretty useful. I was wondering when you time a PLL, do you start with the cube in your hands?

Edit: I tried the program out. How the heck do you recognise the G's by the diagrams? :p

Well, I am familiar with this program, it was made by BadMaphisto...
You can also rotate the images (with picture editing) and save over them so you can get the permutations the right way (e.g. if you do your T with your left hand, open paint, and rotate the whole picture 180 degrees and save over it)

Do you normally have any problems with the G perms normally? You can also disable them if you don't want to do them

Crystl

Thank you very much for your program. Is it free to make it public to everyone (I'm member of Vietnam -Cubing Club and I intend to introduce this program)

blgentry

When you click start you don't know which algorithm comes. Do you then create the case while the wait time? Or do you prepare 21 cubes with each case?

I don't mean to hijack, but I wanted to offer an alternative to anyone who might be interested in one. My PLL drilling program works differently than this one. It gives you (seemingly) random scrambles that produce a particular PLL case. Your job is to run the scramble it gives you, without looking, then look down, see the PLL case, and solve it. Mine has no timer, as I was mostly interested in training my recognition skills, as opposed to raw execution.

The thread about my program is here.

I hope this will help someone.

Brian.

Danny84

I wish I could use this, but I have a mac… w/e
btw I know a nice alternative alg for the A-perms:

A1: y' R2 U S' U2 S U R2
A2: y' R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2