• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Other hobbies

Hahaha, Maplestory. Fun times. Got to level 50 on the Beta version. And then the official one got released, never really got back into it.

I play bassoon in band. Football and Ultimate Frisbee with friends. And the always fun, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

WCA
2007ADSU01
YouTube
edd5190
I used to like sportstacking but then my cups broke :( I also play DS games like Mario Kart, Pokemon Diamond, and Brain Age. I also enjoy reading about memory sports. TV is good once in a while, but cubing is much better :p I'll post more when I think of more of my hobbies.

Other than cubing I enjoy-
-playing football(soccer)
-programming using C++
-playing the Bass Clarinet
-watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-juggling
-memory sports(just started)
-watching Looney Tunes, Flinstones, the Jetsons, and Top Cat and all of the other old cartoon network stuff
-shooting pool(billiards)

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
Other things I like to do:
- doing things with my beautiful wife and 3 daughters (I'm an old guy - 45 years old!)
- playing keyboard instruments (piano, organ, synths, etc.)
- juggling (my personal bests juggling: http://www.jugglingdb.com/records/member.php?user=993)

I was really into videogames many years ago. I'm the originator of the KLOV (http://www.klov.com/), and I wrote a few games for the TRS-80 color computer about 20 years ago.

I've also messed around with memorizing pi. I had about 950 digits at one time, but I probably don't remember more than about 200 right now. My silliest achievement - reciting 660 digits of pi while juggling 5 balls. :)

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
arnaudvg
Hi Mike,

Being 45 IS really old :)

But you get everyones respect for being able to juggle 8 balls, being geeky enough to admit your involvement with KLOV and recently your amazing results on blindfolded solves! You are living prove that you don't need a 14 year old flexible/trained brain to be able to memorize a 4x4x4!

I like to travel.
I am currently learning to play the guitar and also the Korean language. I find this last one particularly interesting and funny. :)

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
Hi Mike,

Being 45 IS really old :)

But you get everyones respect for being able to juggle 8 balls, being geeky enough to admit your involvement with KLOV and recently your amazing results on blindfolded solves! You are living prove that you don't need a 14 year old flexible/trained brain to be able to memorize a 4x4x4!
Thanks, Arnaud. I think I definitely qualify as being geeky, yes. :)

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
cin9247
Ok, here are my hobbies besides cubing :):

- playing footbag
- riding my bicycle
- programming
- enjoying nature
- juggling (i'm very bad at it, only three balls and almost no tricks :))

Last edited:
WCA
2008PUTH01
YouTube
karthikputhraya
My other hobbies besides Cubing are:
1.Programming in C++
2.Philately
3.Robotics(My current project is building a Cube-solving robot)
4.Physics
5.Started memorizing pi(After seeing the previous posts :D)

I dont understand why so many cubers are into Juggling??!!:confused:
Maybe I should give it a try.

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
MikeHughey1
I dont understand why so many cubers are into Juggling??!!:confused:
Maybe I should give it a try.
Yes - you should! It's fun!

There's obviously some sort of connection between juggling and cubing. It's probably just that it's object manipulation that can get you noticed. :)

On the juggling forums that I've spent some time on, several people have brought up the question of cubing, and there were a lot of jugglers out there who had at least gotten down to a minute or less on the 3x3x3. In fact, it was one of these threads on the juggling forums that led me to decide I should give speedcubing a try.

Interestingly, another topic that has come up on the juggling forums is memorizing pi - that is also common among jugglers. Definitely a bizarre connection.

So far I've only memorized a few digits of pi: 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944
(This is all I know)

I also like playing real time strategy games such as Starcraft and Warcraft.

I'm also a juggler, and I can remember pi to about 300 places. I enjoy playing the piano, maths, running, ping pong, monty python, philosophy, chess, P G Wodehouse, cooking, art, and physics.

I did my A level maths 3 years early and got one of the highest marks recorded, so I'm definitely a maths buff. I found a test I'll put up here, on another thread.

It determines 'mathmo'-ness, but is relevant to our neck of the woods, so, have a look.

lol everybody here juggles..

I juggle as well, I can do 3 balls solid and 4 balls somewhat
Other than that I guess listening to music, real time strategy games, and magic (though I need to brush up on that)