• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

josh116pep

WCA
2008NASH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First and foremost I hope that this is the right place to make this post and I'm sorry if its not. I wasn't to sure where to ask this.
So here is my issue, I went to register for Incredible Pencil Mania 2018 and everything was fine but I want to use my profile from my last competition that was in 2008, (Drexel Fall 2008). I don't have the old email because that was about 10 years ago and the email that I would have used no longer exist because inbox.com no longer offers email. So I made a new account and it said I could link my old WCA ID. The only thing is that it said to have the WCA Delegate confirm it. So I picked Chris Hardwick because that was the only name I recognized. I only did this because I had to pick one in order to create the account.
I just got back into cubing and would like to use my old profile But I obviously don't know any WCA Delegates and the only one I ever came in contact was Tyson Mao at the Drexel Fall 2008 but I doubt he would remember me :p Its been ten years so I don't know anyone but I am looking forward to meeting other at the Incredible Pencil Mania 2018. :D
So is there a way to fix this before the competition or could I do this at the Incredible Pencil Mania 2018 with one of the WCA Delegates there?
I would really appreciate any help with this matter, Thanks. :D

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
First and foremost I hope that this is the right place to make this post and I'm sorry if its not. I wasn't to sure where to ask this.
So here is my issue, I went to register for Incredible Pencil Mania 2018 and everything was fine but I want to use my profile from my last competition that was in 2008, (Drexel Fall 2008). I don't have the old email because that was about 10 years ago and the email that I would have used no longer exist because inbox.com no longer offers email. So I made a new account and it said I could link my old WCA ID. The only thing is that it said to have the WCA Delegate confirm it. So I picked Chris Hardwick because that was the only name I recognized. I only did this because I had to pick one in order to create the account.
I just got back into cubing and would like to use my old profile But I obviously don't know any WCA Delegates and the only one I ever came in contact was Tyson Mao at the Drexel Fall 2008 but I doubt he would remember me :p Its been ten years so I don't know anyone but I am looking forward to meeting other at the Incredible Pencil Mania 2018. :D
So is there a way to fix this before the competition or could I do this at the Incredible Pencil Mania 2018 with one of the WCA Delegates there?
I would really appreciate any help with this matter, Thanks. :D
If you did the claim process and picked Chris Hardwick, I'm pretty sure he will be able to help you out. Send him an email as well (you can find the address here) and explain your situation. As long as you can identify yourself and confirm your date of birth, I don't see any problem connecting your ID.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
If you compete in a competition with a restricted podium (only citizens of X country may podium), and you finish in the top-3, does the WCA site still list you as podiuming?

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you compete in a competition with a restricted podium (only citizens of X country may podium), and you finish in the top-3, does the WCA site still list you as podiuming?
Idk if this answers your question but I got 4th in 3BLD at nationals with a New Zealander getting 3rd. On my 'national podiums' tab it says I got 3rd.

MiaSponseller

WCA
2017SPON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I'm judging someone and they accidentally knock over the cube cover while setting up their camera but immediately put it back over the cube, do I allow them to do the solve or should I send it back to be rescrammbled?

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think so.

It's fine as long as no other pieces are out of place, but you have to be really careful with this.

If I'm judging someone and they accidentally knock over the cube cover while setting up their camera but immediately put it back over the cube, do I allow them to do the solve or should I send it back to be rescrammbled?

This can depend on the delegate or how much you thought he saw. It should be rescrambled, but some delegates might DNF it if the competitor did it himself.

josh116pep

WCA
2008NASH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you did the claim process and picked Chris Hardwick, I'm pretty sure he will be able to help you out. Send him an email as well (you can find the address here) and explain your situation. As long as you can identify yourself and confirm your date of birth, I don't see any problem connecting your ID.
Its been over a week and I still haven't heard from him. Is there any way I could try to use a different WCA Delegate?

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

xyzzy

From the regs (emphasis mine):

A1c) A competitor participating in an event must be able to fulfill the event's requirements (e.g. know how to solve the puzzle). A competitor must not compete with expectation of a DNF result or an intentionally poor result.

Unless an 18 cm cube is all you have, no.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
From the regs (emphasis mine):

A1c) A competitor participating in an event must be able to fulfill the event's requirements (e.g. know how to solve the puzzle). A competitor must not compete with expectation of a DNF result or an intentionally poor result.

Unless an 18 cm cube is all you have, no.
What if he does best on the 18cm cube?