• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

ChaoticCubing

Is it possible since there are ZERO competitions from me in a 2 state radius, does that mean any scheduled comps cannot be added, that by some lucky chance could me near me, and is not listed now?

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it possible since there are ZERO competitions from me in a 2 state radius, does that mean any scheduled comps cannot be added, that by some lucky chance could me near me, and is not listed now?

There definitely could be some in the works for your area, especially if there have been comps there before. If there haven't been though, you can talk to a delegate in your area about organizing your own competition (although it's always ideal if you've been to a couple before you start organizing so you understand how they work).

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Is it wca legal to use a clock where the 12 markers on both sides arent at the same spot?

lets say one side has 12 on top then i do a y2 and the other side has 12 on bottom.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it wca legal to use a clock where the 12 markers on both sides arent at the same spot?

lets say one side has 12 on top then i do a y2 and the other side has 12 on bottom.

That would require a modification of the corner pieces as well, or else there would be no solved state. That would fall under 3h as enhancing the basic concept of the puzzle, I'd think.

Rubix Cubix

WCA
2016GLOZ01
I was wondering what CR stands for on cube comps. Obviously I know what WR and NR stand for. I was thinking competition record, but I don't think that's right

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's probably illegal, but I'd also like to add that a printed qiyi logo IS distinguishable by feel and is also not comp legal for bld events.
The fact is that you can feel it, and I can identify the white side 100% of the time.
So I recently got a stickerless Thunderclap v2, and it's logo is significantly different than the Warrior W's.
Have you actually tried a Warrior W specifically, or just the qiyi logo on, say, a valk?
Because, yes, the qiyi logo on my Thunderclap is definitely distinguishable and therefore not legal, but I seriously can't tell the difference between any of the centers on my Warrior Ws.

Also, I got nearly all of the fluff from poking out of the cubes, so they should be legal now.

cubeninjaIV

WCA
2009HILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I recently got a stickerless Thunderclap v2, and it's logo is significantly different than the Warrior W's.
Have you actually tried a Warrior W specifically, or just the qiyi logo on, say, a valk?
Because, yes, the qiyi logo on my Thunderclap is definitely distinguishable and therefore not legal, but I seriously can't tell the difference between any of the centers on my Warrior Ws.

Also, I got nearly all of the fluff from poking out of the cubes, so they should be legal now.
I don't know that I've tried the Warrior. If I were you I'd still try to get cubes without logos just in case certain delegates decide they don't like it.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
how would this happen?

Like would you get really made and through the cube at a wall halfway through inspection or something?
Maybe you dropped it and it popped.

Or maybe the judge put the cube down too hard on the table and the pyraminx tip came off (which i've seen happen before, competitor was given extra for this)