• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer WCA Competition and Regulations Question Thread

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Question, would Valk 3 or similar stickerless cube with logo printed on white center cap, be viable for blind event?
If you can throw the cube in the air with your eyes closed and then find the white side just by touch, then it's not allowed. You can scrape those logos off gently with a sharp knife. Hold the knife relatively flat so you don't scratch the plastic.

mitja

WCA
2016POPO02
I am asking because I wasn't allowed to compete on one blind event with valk3. I will scratch it of, but I would comment that this rule doesn't solve anything. You don't try to find white face during comp, no time for that, but technicaly, I can always recognise one face blind by touching the imperfecton in some of the cubes( slightly schrached edges...) you always know your cube and nobody competes with new cube.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am asking because I wasn't allowed to compete on one blind event with valk3. I will scratch it of, but I would comment that this rule doesn't solve anything. You don't try to find white face during comp, no time for that, but technicaly, I can always recognise one face blind by touching the imperfecton in some of the cubes( slightly schrached edges...) you always know your cube and nobody competes with new cube.

This can be used to keep track of where your interchange is in an edge commutator or whether you are on an even/odd target in M2.

Sp00ky_

At a comp I was recently at, I got a 4.860 2x2 solve. When they entered it in, it came up as 48.60 on the scoreboard. I went up to them and told them what happened, and they fixed it. However when I went on the WCA website the next day, my time was 48.60 again. I emailed them twice about this, and I haven't gotten a response yet. What should I do?

PS I'm new to the Speedsolving forum, so if this thread in the wrong place, let me know, and I'll remove it.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
At a comp I was recently at, I got a 4.860 2x2 solve. When they entered it in, it came up as 48.60 on the scoreboard. I went up to them and told them what happened, and they fixed it. However when I went on the WCA website the next day, my time was 48.60 again. I emailed them twice about this, and I haven't gotten a response yet. What should I do?

PS I'm new to the Speedsolving forum, so if this thread in the wrong place, let me know, and I'll remove it.
Have you emailed the organisers or the delegates of the competition? Try emailing the delegate directly if you haven't done already.

LexCubing

What does a beyond 45 degree cube look like? Even at home I would like to plus 2 if I really did go beyond 45 degrees.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I think I know the answer to this, but I'd rather ask here:
Black stickers on a black cube. Comp legal? I don't know why not. I've switched black for orange and pink for red. I'd just rather be sure it's ok.