• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Software Question Thread

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
I considered posting this in One Answer Question Software, but it's really a matter that's likely to be open for debate, so...

I've been away from cubing for about 12 months and, before going dark, had an Android phone. I've decided to make the effort to start cubing again, and now have an iPhone (for my sins).

I've been in the app store, and all of the timers look average and similar. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent iOS timer? Doesn't need algs and stuff, but I like analysis and stats, so that would be a bonus.

Most of the app store reviews say useful things like "this allows me to time solving my cube". Great. Thanks for that! Thought I might get more useful feedback here.

TIA.

[edit: looks like it got moved anyway!]

If you don't need offline access you might just try csTimer or qqTimer on the phone's browser. Might be a little quirky but a quick glance at csTimer on Chrome for my Android seemed usable.

RennuR

Hey guys! Does anyone know if cubefreak's cube applet thing still works? And also how can I get it to work? Like what do I need to do, because his instructions seem extremely outdated and vague. How to set it up, etc would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

bcube

Hey guys! Does anyone know if cubefreak's cube applet thing still works?

Hi,

not sure what do you mean by "cubefreak's cube applet thing" but based on Macky´s source code, I assume you mean Josef Jelinek´s java applet. You might find helpful this thread. link 2, link 3.

Edit:

"And also how can I get it to work? Like what do I need to do, because his instructions seem extremely outdated and vague. How to set it up"

I have instructions how you can run java applets on a website, however, currently it is only in Czech. See here and try to follow the pictures. All you need to do is to change your location in Exception site list. I believe English tutorials can be found on youtube, if needed. Good luck.

P.S. You can´t see java applets on some mobile devices, that´s why they are gradually replaced by JS alternative.

Last edited:

Nosae Semaj

I want to make a prank video for April fools: I have a scramble, and I'll solve in three seconds.
But I need a timer that can put the prank scramble in.
Scramble:
(I don't own the video)

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
... or you can just use the "Input" option on csTimer.
If you click "WCA" a drop-down menu appears. You can select Input and copy-and-past your scramble in. However, the screen does say that it is in Input mode. So, if someone looks closely, they will be able to see the scramble was rigged.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
... or you can just use the "Input" option on csTimer.
If you click "WCA" a drop-down menu appears. You can select Input and copy-and-past your scramble in. However, the screen does say that it is in Input mode. So, if someone looks closely, they will be able to see the scramble was rigged.
Yes but then it says input where it would say 3x3

YTCuber

Use a timer where you can define the moves of the scramble, and define only one move, which is your scramble, and set the number of moves to 1.

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
Hello friends, it's been a while since I've been an active cuber (not that I'd consider myself "active" right now) and there have been some changes in the community. My biggest issue is that my favorite timer, GQTimer, is no longer active.

Can anyone recommend an online timer with native graphing functions similar to GQTimer?