1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

One-Answer Software Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by ThomasJE, Oct 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    I think you have to be signed into a google account.
    When CS is down I use https://www.jflei.com/tnt/

Look at this thread https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/...onnecting-a-stackmat-timer-to-computer.27302/

2. cubeshepherd

cubeshepherd Member

Feb 18, 2018
    WCA:
    2016STEE01
    I have a quick question regarding cstimer and that is: Unless I use cstimer.net/old3/ I am unable to open a new session without my times from a previous session being combined into all sessions, (meaning, if I just do an average of five in session 1, and I then want to switch to sessions 2 for a different event, my times from session 1 are combined all together and I have no way of keeping them separate). Here is the link that is giving me trouble: https://cstimer.net/
    Also, every time I close the cstimer page or window, none of my times are saved. Is there any way for me to fix that?

Thank you very much on advance for your time and help.

3. I usually create a new session each day for a puzzle when I do it. For example, today I created a session called 3.3.18 3x3. And I did all my 3x3 solves in that session. Yesterday I had a session that was called 3.2.18 3x3. Each day I create a new session with the date and puzzle type. Should I keep doing this or should I just do everything on one session so I can do averages of 1000+?

4. CarterK

CarterK Member

Oct 19, 2017
    WCA:
    2015KUCA01
    YouTube:
    channel/UCKY9uCII2wIfPmLidA_KXMA
    Just do whatever you want to do. I would only use 1 session per puzzle to not clutter it up, and if I want to remember a date, just write it down somewhere.

5. PokeMaster2164

PokeMaster2164 Member

Mar 11, 2018
    Hey, anyone know a good algorithm generator for <R, U, L> gen states?

6. xyzzy

xyzzy Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Cube Explorer.

7. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

8. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
    How do you change the name of a CS timer session? Thanks in advance.

9. cubeshepherd

cubeshepherd Member

Feb 18, 2018
    WCA:
    2016STEE01
    On the far left of the screen, press on where it say "session", right next to the session number, and you can then change the name. This is providing that you have pressed the "List Times" and the you can see all your times.

Duncan Bannon likes this.
  10. Duncan Bannon

Duncan Bannon Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Here
  11. cubeshepherd

cubeshepherd Member

Feb 18, 2018
    WCA:
    2016STEE01
    You are welcome!

12. RGFcub3d

RGFcub3d Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Arizona
    I'm looking for a timer that has scrambles for OLL and PLL trining. Also that it lets me customize the algorithms that I use.

13. Thom S.

Thom S. Member

Sep 26, 2017
    I'd download the source code of Tao's trainer and change the algorithms to the ones I use

14. RGFcub3d

RGFcub3d Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Arizona
    Tao's trainer source code? Sounds complicated :S

15. Thom S.

Thom S. Member

Sep 26, 2017
    If noone has one that you like, I'm gonna ask Tao if I may give you a private version.

Can you PM me your Algorithms

16. adimare

adimare Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Costa Rica
    WCA:
    2011MARE02
    Does anyone know of an android app that generates scrambles and provides a visualization of what the cube should look like after the scramble is applied?

I mostly practice BLD and I like to make sure I got the scramble right before I start solving (in case I DNF and want to retry the scramble to figure out what I did wrong).

I looked for awhile and could only find one timer with that feature called Cube Timer & Scrambler LITE. It's not random state tho, and sometimes produces nonsense scrambles like R L R' L' U2 D U' ...

17. Sue Doenim

Sue Doenim Member

Nov 9, 2016
    I'm a fan of TwistyTimer. It works nicely. This picture shows the screen after clicking on the scramble drawing to make it bigger. Screenshot_2018-05-29-06-12-01.png

18. Tao Yu

Tao Yu Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Ireland
    WCA:
    2012YUTA01
    YouTube:
    taoxyu
    If you click the "Use user defined algset" checkbox on my trainer, there is a box where you can just paste a bunch of algorithms, and it will train you on all of them. You just need to put one algorithm per line.

It's admittedly a bit rudimentary, but it's easier than editing the source code.

I'd like to make it easier to add custom algs to my trainer someday, but it's just a lot of work and not really a priority for me right now. I also want to see how Jabari's algdb based alg trainer turns out first, since it sounds like it will be better than my trainer in many aspects.

Thom S. likes this.
  19. Thermex

Thermex Member

Mar 21, 2017
    The Milky Way
    I've been generating 2x2 algorithms over the past couple weeks for a 2x2 method I've been working on, but recently hit a snag. As most people have, I've generated all of my algs so far on CubeExplorer by emptying the edges and then using the corners. However, I'm now realizing some of the limitations of this system, as CubExplorer can never be a true 2x2 solver since it always attempts to solve the centers as well (which a 2x2 obviously doesn't have). Are there any good 2x2 solvers out there? I've searched for some, but I haven't found any super well-made ones that are simple enough for me to learn in a day or two. Anybody know of any?

20. CarterK

CarterK Member

Oct 19, 2017
    WCA:
    2015KUCA01
    YouTube:
    channel/UCKY9uCII2wIfPmLidA_KXMA
    Ksolve is similar to cube explorer but it works for all events.