• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Skewb Question Thread

Aaron Lau

um so i started skewb yesterday and learned sarah beginner's variation, I average 22 sec with it so like am i ok, bad or good?

Aaron Lau

Averaging sub 10 with Sarah's beginner is not that difficult. But I don't see why anyone would do that when intermediate takes 10 minutes to learn.

hmm ok i guess ill learn intermediate just to help me get sub 10 a little faster

CrzyCbzz

WCA
2014DHAN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I currently have an official average of 4.0x and I want to get sub 4...
I've realised that if the layer is good or fingertricky I'd be able to sub 4.
Are there any move optimal algs or a tips to get to able to sub 1 a layer? Thanks!

jaredye

I don't know if people have asked this, but I can't find a related question.

Is it important to be color neutral for skewb? Like for 2x2 it's mandatory but many fast solver for 3x3 are not CN. Are best skewb solvers all CN or is it possible to be very fast without CN?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if people have asked this, but I can't find a related question.

Is it important to be color neutral for skewb? Like for 2x2 it's mandatory but many fast solver for 3x3 are not CN. Are best skewb solvers all CN or is it possible to be very fast without CN?
Yes, just like 2x2, it doesn't add much difficulty to recognition and I'm 90% sure almost all the best Skewbers are CN.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am in no way fast at skewb (or at anything) and I fully agree that full CN is not only a must but also quite easy, even easier that for 2x2 if you ask me. I mean, you don't have edges and the top corners only need orientation so, just knowing opposite colours you're just fine. ;)

WCA
2014KIPR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best tutorial on sarahs intermediate method??

They aren't videos on how to use this method, but you can go to this website
http://sarah.cubing.net/skewb/my-method#section/intermediate-variation

Do any of you have a good skewb Z Perm and H Perm?

For H Perm, i do Sledge y2 hedge y2 sledge

Sledge = R' F R F'
Hedge = F R' F' R

For Z Perm i do r l' B' l B l r l' r

using this notation: http://rubikskewb.web.fc2.com/skewb/notation.html

WCA
2016MOHA06

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am sub 7
I am not sub 7

??????

I'm not sub-7 (I average low 7s), but a general thing to do for blockbuilding-type steps is to plan out as much as you can during inspection, and do slow, untimed solves while particularly trying to be efficient with every move. Try to position the corners so that when you solve one, you also set up another one to be solvable in as few moves as possible.

turtwig

Watching walkthrough solves would probably help a lot. Jayden Mcneill has really good ones.