• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Pyraminx Question Thread

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm thanks man! Do you use intuitive L4E? Or do you know all the 24? algs? You get sub-4, don't you

Yeah, I do use intuitive L4E like RCuber123 said, and I average ~3.4. You should be able to at least see the V in inspection, and you should really blockbuild it instead of doing the centers and edges separately. Generally you should be able to solve a V in 7 moves or less (often 3-5 is possible). Also, make sure you're doing the tips as you solve the rest of the pieces; if you save them all for the beginning or the end, it's a real time-waster.

oliviervlcube

WCA
2016LUIJ01
Yeah, I do use intuitive L4E like RCuber123 said, and I average ~3.4. You should be able to at least see the V in inspection, and you should really blockbuild it instead of doing the centers and edges separately. Generally you should be able to solve a V in 7 moves or less (often 3-5 is possible). Also, make sure you're doing the tips as you solve the rest of the pieces; if you save them all for the beginning or the end, it's a real time-waster.
I think the best way to learn blockbuilding is inspect a long as I need. That way I think I'll learn blockbuilding the fastest way.
Btw. I got a 4.57 ao5 , 5.28 ao12 and 2.94 single with LBL and I'm very happy with that. I am 9 weeks? into Pyraminx, so it motivates me a lot :)

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How can I take the ball bearings out of the old qiyi pyraminx?

It takes FOREVER, so be sure you want to before you do. Note that you can also loosen/tighten the ball bearings instead of taking them out completely, so consider that as well. Basically, you take the tips off, loosen it completely so it comes apart, take the centers apart, and take out the ball bearings from there (I don't exactly remember how since it's been over a year, but once you have the centers apart I think it should be obvious).

KraftDamus

It takes FOREVER, so be sure you want to before you do. Note that you can also loosen/tighten the ball bearings instead of taking them out completely, so consider that as well. Basically, you take the tips off, loosen it completely so it comes apart, take the centers apart, and take out the ball bearings from there (I don't exactly remember how since it's been over a year, but once you have the centers apart I think it should be obvious).
I know I want to, my current main is the moyu pyraminx with ball bearings and I know that it will stay my main. So I want to take the ball bearings out so I have one without ball bearings. I know how to take it apart and everything and I can see all the ball bearings, but I can't seem to get them out. I was able to take them out of the moyu when I first got it but I just cant seem to for the qiyi. I will take another look at it. Thanks for your help tho DGCubes, love your channel!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know I want to, my current main is the moyu pyraminx with ball bearings and I know that it will stay my main. So I want to take the ball bearings out so I have one without ball bearings. I know how to take it apart and everything and I can see all the ball bearings, but I can't seem to get them out. I was able to take them out of the moyu when I first got it but I just cant seem to for the qiyi. I will take another look at it. Thanks for your help tho DGCubes, love your channel!

Ohhhhhh, now I remember. You need to use the Allen wrench that comes with it to unscrew the little black plastic pieces. There are 3(?) per center and underneath each one is the spring and ball bearing. Sorry I couldn't help the first time; I totally forgot about that part, lol.

KraftDamus

Ok I know which pieces you are talking about, I didn't get a allen wrench with the pyraminx but I have one from my qiyi skewb so I will see if that works. Thanks.

oliviervlcube

WCA
2016LUIJ01
I have a question because I can't recognize the difference between this two cases. Could you guys help me?

Regular-Inverse_Right_Insert_icrdv0.png
(R U' R') U' (R U R')

Left_Inverse-Right_Insert_ecpaax.png
(L' U L) U' (R U R')

These cases are basically the same I think, I can't see the difference between the cases. Anyone who knows the answer, it L4E FYI

aybuck37

WCA
2015BUCK03
I have a question because I can't recognize the difference between this two cases. Could you guys help me?

Regular-Inverse_Right_Insert_icrdv0.png
(R U' R') U' (R U R')

Left_Inverse-Right_Insert_ecpaax.png
(L' U L) U' (R U R')

These cases are basically the same I think, I can't see the difference between the cases. Anyone who knows the answer, it L4E FYI
I just kind of match up the edge colors

AMCuber

My summer goal as to get sub 10 on pyraminx, and it happened, while before summer I was averaging like 16 secs :)

Treboor

Hello, first time poster.
I am using 1-flip. My question is: what do you need to do if your centers happen to be solved? Is there an alg that only flips the edge?

big_moe5

What was the best pyraminx from 2010/What was most popular to use from 2010?