• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

emps

Can anyone give me a list of sexy moves? I need them for practice.Please
i think he might be talking abt like R U R' U'
U R U' R'
R' U' R U
L' U' L U
U' L' U L
L U L' U'
U L U' L'
etc.

_zoux

Can anyone give me a list of sexy moves? I need them for practice.Please
I assume you mean triggers, so here they are:
[A, B] = A B A' B' / [A: B] = A B A'
[R, U] - Sexy
[U, R] - Anti Sexy
[R', U'] - Back Sexy
[U', R'] - Back Anti sexy
[R: U]U - Snexy
and mirrors
[R, U2] - Fat sexy
and mirrors
[R2, U] - Tall Sexy
and mirrors
[R', F] - Sledge
[F, R'] - Hedge
[R: U] - T
and etc

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I am uncertain if this is the correct place to ask this question but; Does any know what the UWR Ao50 is for Master Pyraminx? I have seen the Single-Ao12, but I do not see anything about the Ao50. I ask because I have been practicing Master Pyraminx quite a bit recently, and I wanted to see what Ao50 and Ao100 UWR's are.

Thank you very much in advance for you answer(s).

xyzzy

In FMC, are rotations counted as moves and what about slice and wide moves?
It's all in the regulations.
  • E2d) The length of the solution is calculated in Outer Block Turn Metric (see Regulation 12a).

• 12a) Notation for all NxNxN puzzles:
    • 12a1) Face Moves:
      • 12a1a) Clockwise, 90 degrees: F (front face), B (back face), R (right face), L (left face), U (upper face), D (bottom face).
      • 12a1b) Counter-clockwise, 90 degrees: F', B', R', L', U', D'.
      • 12a1c) 180 degrees: F2, B2, R2, L2, U2, D2.
    • 12a2) Outer Block Moves (outer slice plus adjacent inner slices; n is defined as the total number of slices to move; n may be omitted for two slices):
      • 12a2a) Clockwise, 90 degrees: nFw, nBw, nRw, nLw, nUw, nDw.
      • 12a2b) Counter-clockwise, 90 degrees: nFw', nBw', nRw', nLw', nUw', nDw'.
      • 12a2c) 180 degrees: nFw2, nBw2, nRw2, nLw2, nUw2, nDw2.
    • 12a3) Outer Block Turn Metric (OBTM) is defined as:
      • 12a3a) Each move of the categories Face Moves and Outer Block Moves is counted as 1 move.
      • 12a3b) Each rotation is counted as 0 moves.

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's all in the regulations.
  • E2d) The length of the solution is calculated in Outer Block Turn Metric (see Regulation 12a).

• 12a) Notation for all NxNxN puzzles:
    • 12a1) Face Moves:
      • 12a1a) Clockwise, 90 degrees: F (front face), B (back face), R (right face), L (left face), U (upper face), D (bottom face).
      • 12a1b) Counter-clockwise, 90 degrees: F', B', R', L', U', D'.
      • 12a1c) 180 degrees: F2, B2, R2, L2, U2, D2.
    • 12a2) Outer Block Moves (outer slice plus adjacent inner slices; n is defined as the total number of slices to move; n may be omitted for two slices):
      • 12a2a) Clockwise, 90 degrees: nFw, nBw, nRw, nLw, nUw, nDw.
      • 12a2b) Counter-clockwise, 90 degrees: nFw', nBw', nRw', nLw', nUw', nDw'.
      • 12a2c) 180 degrees: nFw2, nBw2, nRw2, nLw2, nUw2, nDw2.
    • 12a3) Outer Block Turn Metric (OBTM) is defined as:
      • 12a3a) Each move of the categories Face Moves and Outer Block Moves is counted as 1 move.
      • 12a3b) Each rotation is counted as 0 moves.
I have a comp after a couple of weeks, where I will be having my first official FMC event. I have no knowledge how does a FMC event is carried out. Any advice on performing well?
Also I went through this site-
https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/fmc-fewest-move-count-challenge-method-tips/
where it says that rotations are counted as moves, got confused and decided to ask here.

Duncan Bannon

I have a comp after a couple of weeks, where I will be having my first official FMC event. I have no knowledge how does a FMC event is carried out. Any advice on performing well?
Also I went through this site-
https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/fmc-fewest-move-count-challenge-method-tips/
where it says that rotations are counted as moves, got confused and decided to ask here.

Rotations don't count as move no. However, you don't need to rotate. Instead of a x' U you can just write B. I don't know what you know, but work on block building and I would say maybe commutators if you want to really get into FMC. What are you aiming to get under move wise?

WCA
2017BAIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Rotations don't count as move no. However, you don't need to rotate. Instead of a x' U you can just write B. I don't know what you know, but work on block building and I would say maybe commutators if you want to really get into FMC. What are you aiming to get under move wise?
I have a good knowledge for commutators, mainly for corners as I use M2/3-Style for 3BLD. But I will be using CFOP. My aim will be to get a sub-50 moves solution.

xyzzy

But I will be using CFOP. My aim will be to get a sub-50 moves solution.
Sub-50 isn't that hard, really. Just do a couple of practice attempts at home and you'll probably be sub-45 automatically.

(i) Try multiple cross colours.
(ii) Try blockbuilding.
(iii) For the last layer, try doing edges first (the 3-cycle algs are really short when you don't need to preserve corners, e.g. F sexy F', wide Sune, Sune, sexysledge) then finish the corners with at most two 3-cycle comms. (*) Use move-optimal comms rather than speed-optimal comms. OLL-then-PLL sucks for FMC because most PLL algs are looooong (and you probably know speed-optimal versions rather than move-optimal versions, so that further adds to the move count).
(iv) No idea if this is a thing other people do, but what I do is that I write down almost everything I try. Maybe it's a waste of time, but it makes it much easier to choose the shortest solution out of the different ways to go about solving a particular scramble.
(v) Actually, just read the FMC tutorial. If you have a couple of weeks to practise, you have a lot of time to learn how to do FMC properly.

(*) There're two cases that can't be done with two comms: the ones with four twisted corners (pure pi and pure H). Try solving LL edges in a different way to avoid these two cases, or learn those two algs.

Ronxu

WCA
2010RONK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sub-50 isn't that hard, really. Just do a couple of practice attempts at home and you'll probably be sub-45 automatically.

(i) Try multiple cross colours.
(ii) Try blockbuilding.
(iii) For the last layer, try doing edges first (the 3-cycle algs are really short when you don't need to preserve corners, e.g. F sexy F', wide Sune, Sune, sexysledge) then finish the corners with at most two 3-cycle comms. (*) Use move-optimal comms rather than speed-optimal comms. OLL-then-PLL sucks for FMC because most PLL algs are looooong (and you probably know speed-optimal versions rather than move-optimal versions, so that further adds to the move count).
(iv) No idea if this is a thing other people do, but what I do is that I write down almost everything I try. Maybe it's a waste of time, but it makes it much easier to choose the shortest solution out of the different ways to go about solving a particular scramble.
(v) Actually, just read the FMC tutorial. If you have a couple of weeks to practise, you have a lot of time to learn how to do FMC properly.

(*) There're two cases that can't be done with two comms: the ones with four twisted corners (pure pi and pure H). Try solving LL edges in a different way to avoid these two cases, or learn those two algs.
CFOP is completely useless for FMC. Do eo then blockbuilding to finish as much as you can and finish with comms. It's pretty easy to learn even as a complete novice and pretty much guarantees a half decent solution every time as long as you keep looking for stuff for the full 60 minutes.

JoohFeeh

I'm not sure this is the correct place to ask that..but..
3x3...Gan Air 356 Master and Gan Air 356 Standard are the same when it comes to speed? The only differences are the stickers and accessories that come with them?

Last edited:

ocg42=YJ

WCA
2008YANG04
Could anyone give some methods or advices for rapid recognization of EPLL and CPLL? (especially 5 corners' cpll) on the megaminx? There is no "opposite" color on the megaminx, so I find it very difficult to recognize pll cases. I just have to roll and look around the top face which waste a lot of time.

mohashinrajib

Is there any given name to this common move R U R' U R U2 R'
or same move on the left side.
Like X Y X' Y' is named as commutator

xyzzy

the left side version is called Anti-Sune.
Fun fact: It's actually also just called "Sune" if you go by Lars Petrus's website. Lars doesn't distinguish between mirrors of algs for the most part. Antisune would refer to the inverse of the Sune alg, so R U2 R' U' R U' R' or L' U2 L U L' U L would both be Antisunes.

(Then you get into an additional complication with naming the OLL cases with three misoriented corners, as opposed to naming the algs used to solve them… The case with three corners to be twisted cw is usually called "Sune" and the one with three corners to be twisted ccw is usually called "Antisune". You could, of course, also just be lazy and group them all under "sunes", which is what I do sometimes.)