• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
how can i generate my Nemesis cubers? I know @Stefan has a python ting somewhere, but i cant work with python, so is there an easier way?
The older cubers were recently talking about nemeses. @muchacho posted this
http://alejos.org/nemeses.php

Apparently it works, but not sure yet if everything is ok.

It may take more than 10 seconds to load when there are like 30000 nemeses, I may have to put a limit there.

Sorry for the 1990 "design" :D

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm using beginner method and I want a faster one.

I have recently started 4x4, and use Yau. It's very easy to pick up, there's only 4 stages, then your normal 3x3 method, and you can be sub-30 with it!!!!

Look for the Cubing World or Cyoubix Yau tutorials on YouTube, they're accessible and easy to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RennuR

Hey does anyone know if Speedcubeshop's internal lube service is still a thing? Or if it is still good? I am wondering because I am going to be buying a cube from them, and want it prelubed because I dont have the time to lube it nor the money etc. Kind of like premium cubes from the cubicle.

Hey does anyone know if Speedcubeshop's internal lube service is still a thing? Or if it is still good? I am wondering because I am going to be buying a cube from them, and want it prelubed because I dont have the time to lube it nor the money etc. Kind of like premium cubes from the cubicle.
I think new cubes are always lubed before boxing and sell so just relax and get it!:)

AreRouxAmused

Right now I am at a dilemma I currently use Roux and I want to learn ZZ-CT but the problem is I cant chose between the two so I was wondering if I could learn and get good with both or should I just stick with one get sub 20 then learn the other?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Right now I am at a dilemma I currently use Roux and I want to learn ZZ-CT but the problem is I cant chose between the two so I was wondering if I could learn and get good with both or should I just stick with one get sub 20 then learn the other?
You could get to sub-20 with both without too much effort tbh. I originally tried many methods and was sub-20 with Roux, CFOP, ZZ, SSC, Petrus and PCMS after a year (though I focused on mainly Roux after the first 6 months)- also, if you are attracted to ZZ-CT due to the fact it's an "LL skip method", it's not: it's a 2-LSLL and does not save on that many moves but is not the definitive best and is only 1 of many viable ZZ variants.

AreRouxAmused

You could get to sub-20 with both without too much effort tbh. I originally tried many methods and was sub-20 with Roux, CFOP, ZZ, SSC, Petrus and PCMS after a year (though I focused on mainly Roux after the first 6 months)- also, if you are attracted to ZZ-CT due to the fact it's an "LL skip method", it's not: it's a 2-LSLL and does not save on that many moves but is not the definitive best and is only 1 of many viable ZZ variants.
the main reason I was attracted to zz was the the ll skips chances are reduced but I liked Roux because it is very intuitive. So I guess I will practice both and see. Thank you for your advice.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
the main reason I was attracted to zz was the the ll skips chances are reduced but I liked Roux because it is very intuitive. So I guess I will practice both and see. Thank you for your advice.
Roux has better chances for skips. 1 in 162 chance for a CMLL skip, 1 in 32 chance of an EO skip, 1 in 30 chance for a UL+UR skip, 1 in 24 chance for an L4E skip. It leaves you with some sort of skip in 10.8% of your solves. In ZZ-CT, you actually only skip a step in 0.5% of solves. For reference, ZZ+COLL+EPLL has a skip in 8.9% of solves.

Also 42 algs for Roux (33 new if you're coming from CFOP) vs 198 for ZZ-CT (170 new if you're coming from CFOP) is a pretty big difference. ZZ+COLL+EPLL has only 46 algs, roughly half of which are shared with Roux.

I like @shadowslice e's advice of learning both methods before making a decision, but ZZ-CT is a pretty advanced variant of ZZ that requires significant commitment to learn.

Last edited:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is a nemesis someone who is better than you in every event?

Is there a term for when you are not better than someone else in any of their events?
I saw the link in muchacho's sig, and when I checked my continental nemesis's, Bill Wang wasn't there. I knew I wasn't better than him in anything, but it turns out that I've done more events than him (Pyra, Skewb, Sq-1, Feet), so I actually am.
It seems I've cut down on many of my possible nemesis's by being half decent at Feet lol.

Is there a way to find the people who I am a nemesis to? Is that called anything?

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll try to add that (nemesis to), maybe also that about using their events instead of yours (I was going to let select what events you want to compare, maybe I'll do it if I have time).

Last edited: