One-Answer Megaminx Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by AndyRoo789, Jan 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Robert-Y

Robert-Y Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 21, 2009
    England
    WCA:
    2009YAUR01
    YouTube:
    Robert271291
    I think because inspection is limited, I don't have the time to fully check the building difficulty of every star. I think that despite this, building a star is still easy most of the time. I am able to even track my plan my first pair, perhaps 10%(?) of the time. I'm not really sure about this figure.

Nothing beyond F2L colour is fixed for me either. I like to have the choice of which side to solve next. Usually this is a side that is adjacent to last pair of the current side. Even on the last 2 sides, I choose to build the one which "looks" better.

I have done enough solves on each different colour that I have a very good idea of what pieces I need to track for F2L, regardless of the star colour.

2. JackJ

JackJ Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Whitewater, WI
    WCA:
    2009JOHN05
    YouTube:
    JackTheCuber
    I just dusted off an old megaminx from my drawer and am trying to get good at it. Does anyone know what kind of megaminx I have? I also have an old Mefferts and Dayan minx but this one is best. I just down know the brand and if it's still considered any good. PB is about 2:39 after three days of practice.

Attached Files:

3. GenTheThief

GenTheThief Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Illinois, U.S.A.
    WCA:
    2016GEEN01
    Looks like an old shengshou.
    It's still considered a good minx, but the new ss aurora is much better, as it comes pre-florian modded, a must for that cube.
    I think I got to about 2-ish with a ss before I got a sculpted galaxy.

4. GenTheThief

GenTheThief Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Illinois, U.S.A.
    WCA:
    2016GEEN01
    Does anyone know what the move count is for a standard megaminx solve?
    I counted the moves of a few solves a couple weeks ago and they were all about ~195. I don't think there were any over 200. Best was like 185.
    Westlund/Balint, order neutral/fixed order?
    If there aren't any stats on this, can some of you just count the moves as you would in a regular speedsolve, not trying to be extra efficient?