One Answer Hardware Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by nightpegasus738, May 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. rumarfer28

rumarfer28 Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I mean the weilong gts, it's the only one in the weilong gts series that doesn't come in stickerless.

2. TheBrutux168

TheBrutux168 Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Sydney
    WCA:
    2014WONG08
    YouTube:
    TheBrutux168
    Cause it's capped.

3. Smiles

Smiles Member

Apr 22, 2012
    YouTube:
    JPerm
    I always see people say the mini weilong is a good OH cube, but I have one and it locks up a lot compared to other cubes i've tried for OH, like weilong gts or mini aolong. Maybe I would be better off with the aolong, but I wanted to know what it was about weilongs that make them so good for OH.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  4. Light, fast, small.

Mine doesn't lock up much. Only when I reverse cut too much.
    Maybe it's your turning style?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  5. ak127a

ak127a Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Hi guys.I'm new here. I just recieved a Qiyi Thunderclap and it's awesome. I need some help. I solved the cube about 500 times already and i am starting to see the skid marks on the inner sides of the cube, also the dried up lube(mine came lubricated). Is my cube broken in??? What should i do now? Wash and lubricate??

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk

6. muchacho

muchacho Member

May 27, 2015
    Spain
    WCA:
    2016ALAR01
    YouTube:
    davidalejosalarcia
    Yeah, do that, also add some heavy lube (Traxxas 50k?) on the washers. Welcome!

7. ak127a

ak127a Member

Dec 28, 2016
    I don't have traxxas 50k and i can't buy it. I only have maru lube

8. Dom

Dom Member

whatever you do, DO NOT use Maru on the metal hardware. it will eat that metal and you'll have a rusty cube. happened to me and my Yeuxiao. I had to order another hardware set.

any heavy silicone lube will work on the washers. The cubicle, speedcubeshop, cube depot all sell it. I use weight 4 or 5.

and you don't necessarily have to wash the pieces with water, you can, but if you're in a hurry, just wipe the pieces down with a good paper towel, maybe some alcohol, since it dries faster.

ak127a likes this.
  9. ak127a

ak127a Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Ok. I have time.So this is what i conclude. I have to wash the cube and then lubricate it with maru lube only on the pieces. NOT ON THE CORE. right? Also. Should i wash the cube with dishwashing powder or just normal water?

Dom likes this.
  10. Dom

Dom Member

correct on all points. you can use a mild dishwashing soap as long as you can rinse it all off.

when you use maru, be sure to only put two drops. no more. no less. two. if you feel like it's not enough, put one more. then, if you feel like it's not enough, then that probably means you've put too much. That's why I don't like maru.

ak127a likes this.
  11. ak127a

ak127a Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Well. Ok. Thanks. Maru is all i have. :(

12. how often do people usually lube their cubes

the only lube i have rn is cubicle silicone wt 5

13. sqAree

sqAree Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Berlin
    WCA:
    2015JAEH01
    YouTube:
    sqAree
    My 3x3 and OH mains: Right before a comp, otherwise every few months (like, when I feel like it not being lubed has negative impact on my times).
    Other cubes: Never.

I have Cubicle Silicone wt2 and wt5. I used to put wt5 on the core and wt2 on the pieces. But I think Cubicle Silicone sucks, it just made my cubes very slow, so now all I do is applying 2 drops of Lubicle Silk.

14. vm70

vm70 Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Either coast of the US
    If I draw with a permanent marker on the stickers of my cubes, will it wash off?

If it doesn't last, what's a cheap and quick way to make your cubes unique compared to other people?

CornerCutter likes this.
  15. Rubix Cubix

Rubix Cubix Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Bath, UK
    WCA:
    2016GLOZ01
    Does anyone know if a shengshou square 1 screw will fit in a qiyi square 1?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

16. CubingGenius

CubingGenius Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I got a Qiyi X-man Galaxy Megaminx (Sculpted) Stickerless. I took it out of the plastic and one of the tiles came off. I put it back on and turned it for a bit. After that my brother was using it and he accidently dropped it about 5cm away from the table. When it landed, 2 tiles came off and I had to put them back on. I've been a bit worried to use it since. Would this make the puzzle defective?

17. Dom

Dom Member

Sometimes the lube can get under the tiles and they might slip out. Taking all the tiles off can be difficult and may harm the little posts that hold them in, so don't do that unless you're really careful. But next time a tile comes off, do your best to clean the tile and under it to remove all residue.

No, it's not defective.

18. CubingGenius

CubingGenius Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Thank you for the helpful reply.

(I got the new cubes by the way.)

19. AlphaSheep

AlphaSheep Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Gauteng, South Africa
    WCA:
    2014GRAY03
    No, it doesn't wash off. But if you are going to mark your cubes like that, check the regulations. You can only mark a single centre sticker and that counts as a logo, so you can't have a marked sticker and a logo on a different sticker.

What I do is pop one of the centre caps of and mark the inside of the cap with my initials. With cubes like 2x2s and 4x4s with no centre caps, I mark the inside of a corner. It means I have to disassemble the cube a tiny bit to check its mine, but I look after my cubes, so it's not something I'd need to do often.

vm70 and GenTheThief like this.
  20. Rafael Balderas

Rafael Balderas Member

Nov 7, 2016
    What is the difference between shades and color schemes?