One-Answer Blindsolving Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by Kenneth, Feb 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. oneshot

oneshot Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Down the rabbit hole...
    YouTube:
    Twizzle
    Are there any t-shirt or sweatshirts for BLD or MBLD?

2. Oatch

Oatch Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Australia
    What's a good setup for the cycle UF - RD - RF for TuRBo edges?

3. CyanSandwich

CyanSandwich Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Wellington, New Zealand
    WCA:
    2013NELS01
    YouTube:
    c/TomNelson1
    R U R: (U' Rw U R' U' M U R U' R' U)

That's very fast, but complicated. You're moving the buffer, replacing it with a flipped piece, and keeping track of 3 pieces.

The alternative is just D2 L2 R

TDM and Oatch like this.
  4. Berd

Berd Member

May 25, 2014
    Winchester - UK
    WCA:
    2014LONG06
    YouTube:
    Bertie Longden
    R2 B2 L?

Oatch likes this.
  5. I'm starting 3style for t centers

do you still think Ul is the best buffer? I currently use Uf but I'm slow I wouldn't mind switching

and what about x centers?

6. Cale S

Cale S Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Iowa, USA
    WCA:
    2014SCHO02
    YouTube:
    mathtornado7
    I think Ul, Ub, and Uf are equally good, and Ubl for xcenters is probably best

Daniel Lin likes this.
  7. Cale S

Cale S Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Iowa, USA
    WCA:
    2014SCHO02
    YouTube:
    mathtornado7
    I think it's Gianfranco's sub-20

but apparently Kaijun has a 22 avg12 so good chance of him having sub-20 mo3

8. holy ****
    22 avg 12

the speedsolving page isn't updated apparently

9. is there a list of parity algs for 3BLD for all 462 2e2c cases? I don't care about the buffer

10. Applecow

Applecow Member

Nov 27, 2010
    WCA:
    2010LEHM02
    probably not. or there is one and most of them are crap. I made a list for the 22 cases swapping ULB UBR and DF + other edge and even for some of those it was already hard to find good algs.

11. oh:(

I'm wondering whether UF/UFR parity algs are better than UB/UBL algs. They're only a U2 away though so probably not a huge difference. but still

12. Applecow

Applecow Member

Nov 27, 2010
    WCA:
    2010LEHM02
    yeah, most likely not a huge difference. There will always be bad cases. I had to learn that even though some cases look easy (e.g. DF UL ULB UBR) you won't necessarily find great algs and for harder looking cases (DF DB) there might be some easy ones :)

13. tacgnol

tacgnol Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Somewhere in ohio
    WCA:
    2009RIZE01
    Okay so I've been having some trouble pushing my memo, and was wondering if there were any suggestions on how to improve this: my memo on 3bld is anywhere between 2:30-3:45 at this point, and execution seems to be anywhere from 2-3 minutes. my problem that i keep running into is that after i come up with a word for corners, i have to create an image and then insert it into a story or something, and it can take me some time to figure out how to fit it in. Is there a quicker way to do this, or do i just need to practice more? (i've been doing bld for only a couple months. i think since september)

14. G2013

G2013 Member

Jul 8, 2014
    In the underground
    WCA:
    2013DIPI01
    I need help regarding tracking centers on 4BLD.

I spend (waste?) lots of time during the memo trying to remember if I had already a center or not.
    Example:
    set up with l' u' l U2 l' u l U2 l d' l' U2 l d l' U2
    This is a stupid example and I obviously know where I had shot in this case, but in a solve, I memo
    R(upper right) center, then U(bottom left), then after a while, I don't know if I had already memorized the R(UR) or if I should move onto R(DL).

Any tips?
    Thanks!

15. TDM

TDM Super Moderator Staff Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Oxfordshire, UK
    WCA:
    2013MEND03
    YouTube:
    TDM028
    1) make sure you have a fixed order for memorising/solving the centres. For example, I always start on the upper-left centre of each side and then move clockwise. (e.g. on the L face, I would do Lub -> Luf -> Ldf -> Ldb)

2) keep your finger on the last centre you memo'ed on each side. This only requires you to use six fingers to keep track of all the centres you've memorised.

16. G2013

G2013 Member

Jul 8, 2014
    In the underground
    WCA:
    2013DIPI01
    I do both of those things, but as my hands just can't hold the cube while keeping fingers on strange positions, sometimes I just remove all fingers from the centers because otherwise the cube would fall to the floor.

What cyansandwich suggests is tapping on the centers instead, for the moment I'll try that.

Thank you for your time

17. Keroma12

Keroma12 Member

Jul 28, 2010
    LA, California, USA
    WCA:
    2010MATT02
    YouTube:
    Keroma03
    I use my right thumb and index finger for F and R respectively, and my left thumb and index finger for L and B respectively. Then I just remember for U and D (using your feet can work too). My middle fingers also hold the cube up, on the wings/corners.

18. mark49152

mark49152 Super Moderator Staff Member

Oct 29, 2012
    UK
    WCA:
    2015RIVE05
    YouTube:
    mark49152
    I use index, ring and thumb of left hand for F, L and D respectively, and of right hand for U, B and R. It usually works OK.

19. kake123

kake123 Member

May 30, 2015
    Singapore
    WCA:
    2016SOON01
    Is there a comm that solves twisted corners at DBL and DBR?