• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
What’s the f2l insert where the edge is in place and you can stick in the corner with a d and a d’ if you have an empty slot to play with?

Trying to sort my f2l out here, it’s going to be a real slog breaking out of my comfort zone.

What’s the f2l insert where the edge is in place and you can stick in the corner with a d and a d’ if you have an empty slot to play with?

Trying to sort my f2l out here, it’s going to be a real slog breaking out of my comfort zone.
Ignore this, I worked it out

Is there an alg that solves this case nicely, or should I just do ZBLL (which is pretty short for this case once you insert)?
Set Up: R2 D' r U2 r' D R U2 R U2 R U R'

How do I plan EOLine quickly and consistently in 15 seconds, and how can I practice? Currently, EOLine for me is extremely inconsistent, ranging from 2-20 seconds to solve.

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
channel/UCXxvOAAJVVoR7UfjeAv_bjA
How do I plan EOLine quickly and consistently in 15 seconds, and how can I practice? Currently, EOLine for me is extremely inconsistent, ranging from 2-20 seconds to solve.
How long have you been using ZZ?
Really, EOLine is pretty easy after a bunch of practice. Also, after you feel comfortable with EOLine, if you do, don't put you fingers on the bad/good edges. It gets in the way.
Also, have a set way of recognizing edges. For instance, I always start a y2 away from my solving position, check all the edges on Back (but currently F), y2.5 seeing edges on Left, Front, and then Right, then y.5'. Usually takes me about 2 seconds. 3 more for off the bat Line, and usually more to see if I can do anything extra nice like preserving a pair or just predicting one.
That's how it works for me.

Experiment, see what works best for you. Then do 1k solves, and you should be good. It's a process.

When I do U2 and D2 flicks should I be using 2 fingers? I find it much easier to just double flick with just my ring finger for U2 and just my ring finger for D2. Is this a bad habit?
If you do it like a
U U
then it's something to learn.
But if you do a double turn in one 180 motion it's completely fine but better to be able to do both ways

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
channel/UCXxvOAAJVVoR7UfjeAv_bjA
When I do U2 and D2 flicks should I be using 2 fingers? I find it much easier to just double flick with just my ring [did you mean index?] finger for U2 and just my ring finger for D2. Is this a bad habit?
Index finger+Middle finger=Fast U2
Pinky finger+Ring finger=Fast D2

Everything else is slow. Make sure you can do these with your left hand too.
If you do it like a
U U
then it's something to learn.
But if you do a double turn in one 180 motion it's completely fine but better to be able to do both ways
This is mostly used for OH. Example with left hand:
Your index finger flicks from the Fru sticker to the Bru position. U2
There's also Blu to Fru position [U2'], but that requires more extension.

And also Frd to Bru [R2'] pinky flick.
Or Pinky finger+Ring finger.
Or you can do a slight regrip and do the double finger double flicks above.

Index finger+Middle finger=Fast U2
Pinky finger+Ring finger=Fast D2

Everything else is slow. Make sure you can do these with your left hand too.

This is mostly used for OH. Example with left hand:
Your index finger flicks from the Fru sticker to the Bru position. U2
There's also Blu to Fru position [U2'], but that requires more extension.

And also Frd to Bru [R2'] pinky flick.
Or Pinky finger+Ring finger.
Or you can do a slight regrip and do the double finger double flicks above.
Thank you!

This was very recently answered by @Tabe

For brackets, those are "triggers". Essentially, these are really common sets of moves that show up in lots of algs. They are grouped together with brackets to aid with memorization. The idea is you see that set of moves and know "oh, that's a sexy move" rather than trying to memorize 4 more moves. So a simple alg becomes like "F [sexy move] F'" or something. Much easier to remember that way.

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
channel/UCKX4VUjMV0bnQWTj_v5vIOQ
I'm confused about the diagrams in the CxLL page. What I see in the link below looks like it should swap a pair of corners diagonally, but the given algorithm F - RUR'U' - F' does not do this (it swaps two pairs of adjacent corners). Am I reading the diagram incorrectly or this is an error on the page itself?

https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/CxLL_U_D
I’m pretty sure you’re mistaken

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
DGCubes
I'm confused about the diagrams in the CxLL page. What I see in the link below looks like it should swap a pair of corners diagonally, but the given algorithm F - RUR'U' - F' does not do this (it swaps two pairs of adjacent corners). Am I reading the diagram incorrectly or this is an error on the page itself?

https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/CxLL_U_D
On 2x2, swapping 2 pairs of adjacent corners is equivalent to a diag-swap (just do a U or U' to see what I mean).
F R U R' U' F' with a U or U' appended to the beginning or end will do a diag-swap, but those generally aren't included in algs because you may or may not have to do them depending on the solve.

Hello everybody,

So, I’m doing my f2l and after solving two pairs in the front right slot and back left slot, I have a situation which I can only solve really inefficiently.

The other two corner pieces are both solved but the front left edge piece is in the back right slot and vice versa.

All I need to do is swap the front left edge piece and back right edge piece. Is there a beautifully efficient way to do this?

edit: I’ve just realised that there are still many situations that may arise depending on the orientation of the edge pieces...

Thanks