• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer 2x2x2 Question Thread

Bruce6335

WCA
2015WISE01
How to get faster at ortega?

I know one alg for each OLL case I know one for every PLL(except the one where both layers have two paired blocks I have 2 for that one). I am colour neutral on the 2x2x2 and I always try and predict what PLL case I will get for the first layer. But I still average around 10 seconds. How can I improve on it?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn better algs. Look on algdb.net for OLL and PBL algs. If you see something better than what you're currently using, then use that. If it solves it from a different AUF/rotation, then you can use both your old alg and the new one.

Other than learning algs, try to minimise your movecount for the first face. Do lots of untimed solves in which you take your time looking for better solutions. It's always good to do slow solves, even for 2x2!