• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OLL trainer

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
MrWormster
Thread starter #1
After 6 years of cubing I decided it's time to learn full OLL. So I made this tool:

http://bestsiteever.ru/oll

There's a table with 57 cases grouped by shapes that you can mark for practicing:

During the session, you can click on the case name to get the picture, the setup, the alg (from Feliks' cubeskills PDF) and an alternative alg.
  • Spacebar to control the timer;
  • Delete to delete last result;
  • Shift+delete to clear the session.

As always, there's a GitHub repository and, since it's pure JS, you can download the offline version.
Many thanks to @Lars Petrus for the Birdflu website that I used for obtaining the algs and @Faz for the cubeskills where I actually learned the OLL (suggested algs are also from cubeskills).
Feel free to leave your thoughts there and happy practicing!

Last edited:
WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
MrWormster
Thread starter #4
Have you tried scraping the algs from Birdflu? (Maybe @Lars Petrus can also help with providing the algs directly?)
What I need is not just a lot of random algs for each case, but instead every existing alg up to 13 moves long which will be filtered afterwards. If the full set already exist somewhere, please lead me to this place :)

What I need is not just a lot of random algs for each case, but instead every existing alg up to 13 moves long which will be filtered afterwards. If the full set already exist somewhere, please lead me to this place :)
https://birdflu.lar5.com/ has every LL alg up to 17 moves long, and you can filter it to specific OLL cases with the selector thingy at the top. (There are some duplicates because of symmetry, but I don't think that should be a big problem.)

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
MrWormster
Thread starter #6
https://birdflu.lar5.com/ has every LL alg up to 17 moves long, and you can filter it to specific OLL cases with the selector thingy at the top. (There are some duplicates because of symmetry, but I don't think that should be a big problem.)
Exactly what I need!
Meh, I guess the only way to discover these websites is posting to SS asking people to generate algs for you...

I really enjoyed using this trainer to learn and practise OLL, could we get programs for more alg sets like C(M/O)LL or VLS? I'm learning WV at the moment and I really miss having a program like this to properly practise the algs I've learned.