• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
i just finished with the 2 look OLL and PLO and now my best time is 37 seconds but with a +2 so I was wondering if full oll will help my time more then full pll and what one I should learn first.

Learn full PLL first, for 2 reasons - firstly it's far less algs, meaning you'll see an immediate impact in your times. Secondly, many people never learn full OLL - I'd HIGHLY recommend it, and I'm doing it at the moment (I average 18-19 seconds), but there's plenty who say you can be sub 10 even without it.

So yeah, PLL first, it's only about 20 new algs, then OLL eventually.

Happy cubing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
i just finished with the 2 look OLL and PLO and now my best time is 37 seconds but with a +2 so I was wondering if full oll will help my time more then full pll and what one I should learn first.

PLL. Fewer cases, easier recognition, and your chances of getting a skip of the first look of 2-look OLL are quite good compared to the chances of getting a PLL skip. I will not recommend learning PLLs as mirrors (perform Ja and Jb as the same algorithm executed with different hands, for example) as wholeheartedly as I once did, but it does cut down significantly on the number of algorithms to learn, and I think it's a good first step.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can we practise CFOP in any Rubik's cube apps?

Which aspects, in particular? There are no apps I know of, but there are some applets which have been written by forum members which are great for practicing OLL and PLL in particular. Can I assume that, as you've posted here, you're looking for practice in these steps?

What device are you hoping to learn on, and are you looking for practice for when you DON'T have a cube available, or when you do?!

CFOP beginner

Actually my cube was hidden somewhere by my bro.So I asked could I practice without cube.i found it yesterday and yeah I almost smashed my bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adriantrejo

Hello everyone, my question is where to study cases of OLL, now I m in process of learning all the OLL but I d need a website where u can put OLLs you know and practice them, not all OLL.

Thanks in advance

Adriantrejo

Nono, I m not searching for a PDF I have own one, the problem is to find a site to practise, like a timer for OLL cases with OLLs you know

mitja

WCA
2016POPO02
Hello everyone, my question is where to study cases of OLL, now I m in process of learning all the OLL but I d need a website where u can put OLLs you know and practice them, not all OLL.

Thanks in advance
This is one http://apk-dl.com/rubiks-cube-ollpll-trainer, but you don't need it. I was training oll just by doing them randomly and playing with recognition. Anyway, the hardest is recognition as it is so many of them. The algs are not so hard once you learn the basic 3-4 moves algs like "sexy" antisexy, hammer, antihammer.... Than you see all olls just as combo of these. So Andy's coloring really helps. About speed: rehearse f2l and cross, thats what gives you speed. 2look oll is almost as fast as 1look, you don't gain much. But you will know what I am saying once you will get through the whole process.

DhruvA

WCA
2015AROR05
I learnt full oll from cyoubx's and cyotheking's website

Cyoubx's website also marks some triggers which is helpful when learning algs

Caffiend

I'm looking for a picture (or two) to set as my background, so I don't have to keep refering to pictures, or something on my phone.
Think this is really hindering my progress on improving my learning of PLL and OLL.

Anyone help me out?

SirWaffle

SHJ
WCA
2013WEAV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited: