• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

    If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Odd WCA stats/ Stats request Thread

Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
827
Likes
244
Location
Mewni
WCA
2015MANN01
Cubing doesn't discriminate. lgbt+ or straight, you probably won't make it into the 3x3x3 finals in US nationals unless you practice a whole lot which is not influenced by your orientation/gender ;)
I am also pretty sure this isn't registered in anyplace where we get stats from.

If there is anyone in particular that you liked from the 3x3x3 finals in US nationals but that would need to be lgbt+ for the two of you to have a chance, I would suggest to contact them in private ;)

Checks history, :eek:, I made it to the B Final in US Open 2007...close enough :p
I know cubing doesn't discriminate, I just think it would be fun if I was the first one :p
 

AvGalen

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
6,857
Likes
81
Location
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
arnaudvg
I know cubing doesn't discriminate, I just think it would be fun if I was the first one :p
I still have no idea who you really are because you haven't linked your WCA profile. So I don't even know if you already managed to do this or if you are dreaming out loud ;). The wonders of online identities.
...and now that we are on the topic, <investigator mode>I am 100% sure you are hiding your real identity, but in a predictable way. If we reverse your name and location they become "who are you" AMrea and "where are you" INwem". So that explains 40% already. The other 60% might look random, but is of course an abbreviation like "Really Extra Attractive/Annoying/Anxious/Alien" and "Western-Europe, Monaco"</investigator mode>

It would be kind of sad if after all these year and podiums you would be the first/only one. Depending on where you get your statistics from LGTB+ would be about 1/16 (general) or 1/10 (young people, like cubers). So statistically speaking you would expect some "matches" by now. Still not sure why anyone would be looking for a link to sexual orientation and location-based-cubing-results except for the <insert-dad-joke>common factor of orientation</insert-dad-joke>
 
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
827
Likes
244
Location
Mewni
WCA
2015MANN01
I still have no idea who you really are because you haven't linked your WCA profile. So I don't even know if you already managed to do this or if you are dreaming out loud ;). The wonders of online identities.
...and now that we are on the topic, <investigator mode>I am 100% sure you are hiding your real identity, but in a predictable way. If we reverse your name and location they become "who are you" AMrea and "where are you" INwem". So that explains 40% already. The other 60% might look random, but is of course an abbreviation like "Really Extra Attractive/Annoying/Anxious/Alien" and "Western-Europe, Monaco"</investigator mode>

It would be kind of sad if after all these year and podiums you would be the first/only one. Depending on where you get your statistics from LGTB+ would be about 1/16 (general) or 1/10 (young people, like cubers). So statistically speaking you would expect some "matches" by now. Still not sure why anyone would be looking for a link to sexual orientation and location-based-cubing-results except for the <insert-dad-joke>common factor of orientation</insert-dad-joke>
Woah there! Mewni is the name of a dimension in a cartoon I like, and my username has very little meaning (and it certainly isn't an acronym!). I am just dreaming out loud, I'm barely sub-12 XD It's very improbable that every US Nationalist has been cisgender/heterosexual, you're right...
 

Kit Clement

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,228
Likes
303
Location
Portland, OR
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
KitClement
Code:
                       males        females
mean of best average:  39.17        1:06.65
number:                12782           1411
with sub20 average:     3295 (25.8%)    107 (7.6%)
with sub15 average:     1117  (8.7%)     25 (1.8%)
with sub10 average:       45  (0.35%)     1 (0.07%)

sub15 among sub20:      33.9%          23.4%
sub10 among sub15:       4.0%           4.0%

select count(*), sum(ba), sum(ba)/count(*)/100
from (select personId, min(average) ba
from Results, Persons
where eventId='333' and average>0 and Persons.id=personId and gender='f'
group by personId) helper
where ba<1500
Wanted to re-do this analysis from 2012 for a point of comparison.

Code:
                       males          females
mean of best average:  36.01            58.93
number:                92086             9418
with sub20 average:    25980 (28.2%)      983 (10.4%)
with sub15 average:    11408 (12.4%)      377 (4.0%)
with sub10 average:     1123 (1.22%)       28 (0.3%)

sub15 among sub20:      43.9%           38.4%
sub10 among sub15:       9.8%            7.4%
 

AvGalen

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
6,857
Likes
81
Location
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
arnaudvg
Wanted to re-do this analysis from 2012 for a point of comparison.

Code:
                       males          females
mean of best average:  36.01            58.93
number:                92086             9418
with sub20 average:    25980 (28.2%)      983 (10.4%)
with sub15 average:    11408 (12.4%)      377 (4.0%)
with sub10 average:     1123 (1.22%)       28 (0.3%)

sub15 among sub20:      43.9%           38.4%
sub10 among sub15:       9.8%            7.4%
Those are amazing stats. Not only showing the absolute amounts of competitors having gone way up, but the level of all cubers has gone up even more. Literally every stat in their shows a big improvement.

I really wish this statistic could be shown in 2, 4 or 5 year increments on the official WCA page for every puzzle!
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2010
Messages
432
Likes
409
Top