• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

miniGOINGS

I get "let me scramble it" every time, as if I have some complex technique for cheating.

Haha, I have never heard a non-cuber say "scramble" or "scrambled" unless "eggs" followed.

Really, never? I always hear 'scramble,' and 'mix it up.' I'd be curious as to what they say to you.

For me it's always "mix it up" "mess it up" "screw it up" "lose the colours" "break it up" or something like that. I think I heard "unfix it" once.

royzabeast

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's annoying how dumb some non-cubers.

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Were you dumb before you looked on Youtube to solve the Rubik's Cube? Are they idiots because they never googled for an answer?

So I setup OLL parity for him, and he goes "Oh, the orientation parity" and he solves it using the same algorithm I use.a And he continues to claim that he figured it out on his own. What do I do?

Hmm. That does sound fishy. Maybe you should come into the pool area one day and yell "Hello world!" and see how he reacts :p. Maybe he used the paper that comes with the cube, since that's what Dan taught his method from. If you see him solving F2L with pairs, then you know he's lying.

Last edited:
WCA
2009DAVI01
regarding to v-cubes : why is there an aero in the center ? ( the logo )
2x2x2 : oh that's easy, *hands 2x2 to them* oshi-
3x3x3 : let me unfix it,let me mix it up,you must be good at math,you're a rubik's genius !,you're going to fast cheater !

silly non-cubers. :p

Ryanrex116

WCA
2008JEWR01
For me, I hate it when people get the naming of cubes wrong.

"Didn't the 4x4 come first?"
(Looks at 2x2) "Hey! That 4x4 looks so cute!"
(Looks at 6x6 or 7x7) "Where did you get that 20x20!"
Also, everyone always says "They should make a 10x10" Seriously, its always 10x10.

miniGOINGS

I was talking to someone who thought there was some sort of a cheat. They thought you did the same sequence of moves over and over. He was like, 'It's left up, right sideways, top over. And then you do it again.'

Sounds like a 6 move Devil's Algorithm? ;)

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Non cubers type the darnedest things too:

How you so fast with that Rubix cube?

... well I've been eatin my Weetabix dear :rolleyes: